The Chinese Online Deals Thread - post your eBay/Dx/Aliexpress/Gearbest etc deals

Skylark

I've bought a lot of kit off Aliexpress before but I can honestly say that most of their stuff is crap.

I'd avoid any sort of team kit, or replica stuff, it's obviously fake and tends to fit about as well as plastic packet and lasts about as long.

I can however highly recommend SPEXCEL (check out their official store on aliexpress), they have great fitting (race fit) tops and bibs, the chamois are comfortable and the tops are well ventilated. They don't tend to do crazy patterns either, their design are usually plain and smart looking. They even do gilets and one piece aero suits.

I've put thousands of KM into their kit and tend to do a bulk purchase once a year to get the new designs (a luxury you can afford when the kit is this well priced)

In fact I'm purchasing a bunch of stuff from them in a couple of weeks and shipping it with Aramex Global Shopper. Drop me a PM if anyone is interested in joining in and splitting shipping

What rate does Aramex charge for duties with clothes?

DO NOT USE STANDARD shipping. Up till about last year June you could still take a chance and 4/5 packages would arrive. Lately nothing. Even after filing an official complaint with ICASA and having a person at SAPO ( she is amazing and doing her best) the system is flawed with too many broken links in between.

And it grates my cheap ass paying Aramex for cheap small components just because SAPO is broken.

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

Yip, luckily Gearbest has recently introduced a new fast courier for only R60 and only R30 disembursment fees. From all reports its a winner which gives us a great option to get cheap Chinese goods in Sa, they do sell a fair amount of bike goodies as well.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What rate does Aramex charge for duties with clothes? Yip, luckily Gearbest has recently introduced a new fast courier for only R60 and only R30 disembursment fees. From all reports its a winner which gives us a great option to get cheap Chinese goods in Sa, they do sell a fair amount of bike goodies as well.

Unfortunately it's not Aramex that charge the duties but SARS. Currently duties on textiles sits at 40%

Unfortunately it's not Aramex that charge the duties but SARS. Currently duties on textiles sits at 40%

True that, I was vainly hoping there might be some loophole around the crazy duties on clothing.

True that, I was vainly hoping there might be some loophole around the crazy duties on clothing.

There is no loophole per se, but I have had a number of low value textiles arrive at the post office without incurring duties. So value might be a determining factor

Like the phone. BIG fan of Xiaomi. Via gearbest the best deals.

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

Busy ordering phone covers from GEARBEST for my kids phone. With courier and 2 cases still cheaper than buying one through BidorBuy or takealot

My chinese carbon aero bars just cracked after about 10 rides... Looked good, but obviously not worth the risk. Luckily cracked and broke slowly, not during a sprint or downhill...

My chinese carbon aero bars just cracked after about 10 rides... Looked good, but obviously not worth the risk. Luckily cracked and broke slowly, not during a sprint or downhill...

Whew! Glad you survived that one!

There are obviously exceptions, but I prefer to limit my China purchases to things that wont kill me if they fail dramatically 

Archived