Potential New Trail in Somerset West

Carl Kritzinger

Recently, while walking in Shady Glen at the top of Oldenland Road, I came across some young guys working on the paths in the green belt.  They were all around high school or university age and they were happily building paths and chatting with the passers-by.

The area is currently off-limits to cycling (who knows why?) , so I'm making it my personal mission to try and get riding access for the area.  The idea of having some sweet trails in my back yard may also play a part:

I'm chatting to the city parks folks soon and would like to get some backing for the cause, so if anyone in Somerset West reads, this, give us a punt at:

https://www.change.org/p/ward-councellor-stuart-pringle-allow-and-regulate-mountain-biking-in-shady-glen

If you ave any advice or suggestions, I'd also be keen to hear them!

have you hooked up with the wannabee club ? they have the contacts for everything you need.

they did the southey's vines ride, so will know who to speak to.

would hate to see your good work go to waste if council closes the trail or people complain

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Only stumbled across this thread now. Just want to hear if there is any update? Would love to hear some good news!! It's fantastic to know there is potential for a new playground.