Stages Powermeters

milky4130

Hope you okes can help 

Has anyone installed BB30 Stages left crank with DUB spindle and dub right side crank on BB92

Here is my problem

SRAM Dub XX1 crank, bb30 stages and Stages Spindle

According to SRAM, when you install the Dub crank onto BB92 you use the a 2mm spacer provided by SRAM in the BB package on the drive side.

Now with the Stages DUB spindle, I see there are 2 wavy washer and one 2.5mm spacer.
However If I assemble the Stages arm, with the Dub bearing tentioner and the 2mm space on the right as per SRAM, and the measure the distance in the center it seem that I am 1-1.4mm to short ie the Stages dub spindle is about a 1.4mm to short and will compress / load teh bearing to much.

Should I be installing the SRAM 2mm space on the right side? Your support said I should use it for chainline etc BUT then the Stages DUB Spindle is 1.4mm to short.

If you taks a BB92 Frame plus the 5mm(for the BB lip and the 2mm SRAM spacer that is 99mm But when you assemble the Stages > Spindle(DUB) and Right side and measure that (everything torqued correctly) the distance from the Bearing tentioner to the Right side crank interface is ONLY 97.8mm And it should be 99

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you okes can help 

Has anyone installed BB30 Stages left crank with DUB spindle and dub right side crank on BB92

Here is my problem

SRAM Dub XX1 crank, bb30 stages and Stages Spindle

According to SRAM, when you install the Dub crank onto BB92 you use the a 2mm spacer provided by SRAM in the BB package on the drive side.

Now with the Stages DUB spindle, I see there are 2 wavy washer and one 2.5mm spacer.
However If I assemble the Stages arm, with the Dub bearing tentioner and the 2mm space on the right as per SRAM, and the measure the distance in the center it seem that I am 1-1.4mm to short ie the Stages dub spindle is about a 1.4mm to short and will compress / load teh bearing to much.

Should I be installing the SRAM 2mm space on the right side? Your support said I should use it for chainline etc BUT then the Stages DUB Spindle is 1.4mm to short.

If you taks a BB92 Frame plus the 5mm(for the BB lip and the 2mm SRAM spacer that is 99mm But when you assemble the Stages > Spindle(DUB) and Right side and measure that (everything torqued correctly) the distance from the Bearing tentioner to the Right side crank interface is ONLY 97.8mm And it should be 99

typical solution is too remove the threaded pre-tentioner on the peft hand side crank arm and take up the spacing with thin 0.5mm, 1mm and 2mm spacers. I've installed a few BB30 Stages and maybe one or two was spot on. the rest all needed to be worked around. Some neededthe threaded adjuster to take up play.Others needed a  drive side spacer 1 or 2mm thinner.

Lastly are you sure the bb cup hasn;t migrated out slightly and is making the BB appear wider?

typical solution is too remove the threaded pre-tentioner on the peft hand side crank arm and take up the spacing with thin 0.5mm, 1mm and 2mm spacers. I've installed a few BB30 Stages and maybe one or two was spot on. the rest all needed to be worked around. Some neededthe threaded adjuster to take up play.Others needed a  drive side spacer 1 or 2mm thinner.

Lastly are you sure the bb cup hasn;t migrated out slightly and is making the BB appear wider?

Thanks for reply, I am just doing the measuring don't have the frame yet, but 1.4 mm is lot in my book and I am using precision tools to measure. I honestly thing that Stages got the spindle length wrong.

Archived