PPA One Tonner 2016

Pure Savage

Know I'm sounding like an old ninny but with the long, medium and short routes converging in the last (20km's) won't there be traffic issues with groups coming together & passing each other especially with no road closures?

Especially given that the medium route riders start about 2 hours after the long route riders and the short route riders an hour after them...

I do hope PPA did their planning on this...

Gonna be a nightmare :thumbdown:

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna be a nightmare :thumbdown:

It's gonna be a nightmare anyway, plenty of "teams" getting in a ride before the DC. Completely screwing around the other riders who just want a nice fun ride. It's like that every year which why I decide to do it on my MTB this year.

Anyone know where the water points will be for the 170km route?

Incase you not received the email

170 km route:

@ 30 km on the top of the last rise just before the Klapmuts traffic lights on the R101 (Coke and water)

@ 58.8 km in a big lay-bye roughly 3 km outside Wellington on the R46 (Coke, water, bananas)

@ 90.4 km near Riebeeck Kasteel, at the foot of the Bothmaskloof Pass (Coke, water, sweets, bananas, toilets) [the Enervit Strava KOM starts just past the water point]

@ 107.5 km just before entering Malmesbury (Coke, Powerade, water)

@ 127.4 km in a lay-bye just off the Voorpaardeberg Road on the R304/R302 (Coke, water, Powerade, sweets, bananas, toilets)

@ 154 km outside Koelenhof Wine Cellar on the R302/304 (Enervit, water, Coke, bananas, sweets, toilets)

@ 160 km on the Kromme Rhee road (water, Coke, Powerade)

okay, so anyone else likely to be A seeded and hoping to race for the win or decent position? Well thanks to PPA anyone who doesnt/cant ride league must now enjoy a wonderful funride with all the other guys racing league in the front. This would all be okay if they announced it beforehand, but now they just gone and made the event part of the league after entries closed etc. 

I'm not sure what happened with the seeding, I used to be in H however now I am B - guess I'll find myself closer to H towards the end of the ride.

okay, so anyone else likely to be A seeded and hoping to race for the win or decent position? Well thanks to PPA anyone who doesnt/cant ride league must now enjoy a wonderful funride with all the other guys racing league in the front. This would all be okay if they announced it beforehand, but now they just gone and made the event part of the league after entries closed etc. 

Surely the league riders will be starting on their own!?

FYI:  I just called pedal power and they're not allowing any more sustitutions

oh well that's awkward for all those buying last minute entry's 

oh well that's awkward for all those buying last minute entry's 

It's a pity. Was trying to give mine away

FYI:  I just called pedal power and they're not allowing any more sustitutions

I have 2 buddies that wanted to do subs but now what....

Just collect race sticker on behalf of the entrant and race with your own chip?

Why is PPA so lazy to do subs as they can make R50 per sub

Surely the league riders will be starting on their own!?

SEEDING AND START GROUPS:

The normal PPA league and funride format will be used, with the league categories starting first. As per the league rules, Elites/u/23 and Sub-Vets ride the 170 km route, while Vets, Masters, Racing Women, Juniors and u/16’s (senior scholars) do the 109 km. There is no Junior Scholars league for the Enjoy One Tonner.

“A”-seeded riders start ahead of “Z”-seeded riders. Tandems will start ahead of “C” in a tandem start group in all distances. Tandems are also welcome to start in the seeded group of the lowest-seeded tandem rider, if they prefer to start with the bunches.

Groups will be sized on the day and will, as in the past, be slightly bigger than the usual funride start groups due to the proximity of Helshoogte to the start. No reseeding or substitutions will be done at the event.

Please ensure that you are in your start chute on the fields at the school at least 20 minutes before the start of your group, with there being 3-5 minutes between start groups. Cyclists will be disqualified for starting above their seeded group. Your time will not be adjusted if you arrive late for your group’s start.

Cyclists who wish to ride together (e.g. teams training for the Coronation Double Century) are welcome to do so, provided they all line up and start in the seeded group of the lowest-seeded rider.

There also no pre registration in stellenbosch, queue going to be nightmare on race day

SEEDING AND START GROUPS:

The normal PPA league and funride format will be used, with the league categories starting first. As per the league rules, Elites/u/23 and Sub-Vets ride the 170 km route, while Vets, Masters, Racing Women, Juniors and u/16’s (senior scholars) do the 109 km. There is no Junior Scholars league for the Enjoy One Tonner.

“A”-seeded riders start ahead of “Z”-seeded riders. Tandems will start ahead of “C” in a tandem start group in all distances. Tandems are also welcome to start in the seeded group of the lowest-seeded tandem rider, if they prefer to start with the bunches.

Groups will be sized on the day and will, as in the past, be slightly bigger than the usual funride start groups due to the proximity of Helshoogte to the start. No reseeding or substitutions will be done at the event.

Please ensure that you are in your start chute on the fields at the school at least 20 minutes before the start of your group, with there being 3-5 minutes between start groups. Cyclists will be disqualified for starting above their seeded group. Your time will not be adjusted if you arrive late for your group’s start.

Cyclists who wish to ride together (e.g. teams training for the Coronation Double Century) are welcome to do so, provided they all line up and start in the seeded group of the lowest-seeded rider.

so if i'm a A seeded rider , i cant rock up and decide to ride in D but i can rock up with mates and ride together in F in my mates are all F seeded. HUH

Yes, just collect sticker and hand it to your buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived