Classifieds Etiquette

Aurora

So we have 2 sides to the story. What now?

This could turn out to be a very good Monday with this thread and the stealthy rider thread................

Where's the popcorn?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason I never open it was - I needed only the front STI and both came packaged individually - My luck was i opened the Front one first which is the one i needed and its was new.  

When i received my original front STI (which was sent back to Shimano to be replaced) i decided to sell them both (New replacement and the one i bought on the hub and thought to be new). 

This could turn out to be a very good Monday with this thread and the stealthy rider thread................

Don't confuse me people. At this rate going to wake up tomorrow and be destroyed it's not Saturday!  

The thread should be locked until pictures are loaded.

Hi

Yes, I advertised it as new BEC I THOUGHT IT TO BE NEW. I bought it from a fellow hubber a few months back and never opened it. As soon as i opened it i told I am sorry as its not new. I even apologized a few times when we met.

There was no deal done. No payment nothing. I might have wasted some of your time

So i dont understand your rant

simple mistake...no harm done...and yes you did apologize.

as i mentioned in my original post (not a rant)...you just need to be careful when purchasing stuff...and in this case... selling stuff...first check the item you are selling before advertising.

only loss here was my time driving to view the levers...it could have got really nasty had i opened a parcel expecting "new" levers to find what i saw when i arrived to view them.

just lessons learnt.

Ahhh. That old dictum that says, there's two sides to every story.

Not to mention some other OP that started his rant with "There's my side, His side and the Truth." Bwahahaaa.

Was this thread started on a Friday?

you need to be very careful when purchasing here...

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/203774-ultegra-di2-11-speed-shifters/

advertised as "new"...thought  I would save myself the hassle of importing levers...slightly more expensive...but a saving on taxes and duties.

when i asked about the scratches on the side of the lever(looked like they had taken a slide down the road)...and the packaging...considering they are advertised as new...i was told he would change the ad and reduce the price.

i would request pics of the actual levers before you pay over your money

Must admit now that I read the reply, this post kinda lead me up the garden path. (Suspect a few others too). Think the OP could have provided more detail related to the actual goings on. There was no actual deal made and the seller apologised and explained himself (properly - I assume) Lots of breath spent here that could have been saved.

Get your warning about being careful, and guidance to both seller awa buyer.

Hi All,

I recently bought a set of carbon road wheels from the classifieds section here. The seller said the wheelset was 100% perfect but when i received them i saw they had been repaired on both front and rear rims. Was not very happy with this but thought I would try them and see as some repair work can be very good. And yes, i did contact the seller to vent my frustration, no reply.

I rode them once and now I see one of the repairs has cracked open again.

What do I do in this case?

This was the original post that Aurora posted. Isetech posted his issue here randomly.

The issue of the original post is still not resolved.....

Archived