Glass cut on new maxxis ardent tubeless

Johnny 55

Hi i need advice please. I picked up a small glass cut on my tyre. It went right thru & im scared its gonna rip open at some stage. Should i plug it or patch it from the inside? Ive got a race coming up & dont wanna replace a 2 month old tyre now.

Hi i need advice please. I picked up a small glass cut on my tyre. It went right thru & im scared its gonna rip open at some stage. Should i plug it or patch it from the inside? Ive got a race coming up & dont wanna replace a 2 month old tyre now.

sew shut with some cotton thread, patch from the inside. Good as almost new... 

As mentioned by others, stitch it and patch it.

The biggest patch I can get at my Lbs is 50mm,so only if a cut/hole is bigger than 40mm will I not attempt to fix it and rather replace.

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

I would patch it from the inside.

Go to an Auto Spares Shop like Midas and buy a couple of patches for car tubeless tyres - they sell different sizes - get for example a 50mm and 80mm and the thick glue that goes with it.

Repair it first using the 50mm and then when all dry put the 80mm patch over it.

A bombproof repair that will then last the lifetime of your tyre.

I did that with an Ikon and its still going after many rides and some hard races.

you can also try mushroom plugs from moto-x shops 

have heard some cool rescue stories about those as well

Archived