MTB Back Tyre Suggestions 29" ?? ?

Brandon P

I used to be a Racing Ralf fan until I tried the Saguaro, now its the only rear tyre I will run.

I am using Racing Ralph/Rocket Ron combo at the moment and have been a Racing Ralph fanboy for a long time.

However:

• The existing set have had a massive amount of punctures - even though they are the Evo/Snakeskin etc etc variants. THree plugs in the back and a number of leaks in the front. Cant explain it.
  • Most Importantly, the front tyre (RR)  has been washing out in soft sand corners (which covers Gauteng at the moment). I have had 3 x incidents. the last one was pretty fast and lead to a high speed lie down which i wasnt happy about. Always cornering on Single track with soft sand...
  • I put its down to riding in that I thought i am just going too fast and running out of skill - but 3 x front wheel washouts (the most painful fall you can get - cornering followed by lying down)?

So you are saying the Seguaro (which is cheaper) has more grip than your Schwalbe  RR's? 

What type of riding and where are you based? 

Is it a good tyre for soft sand?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've recently switched over from crossmark to sanguaro and the only negative i can give the sanguaro is make sure your pressure is right. Im a big lad and if the pressure is not high (i ride back at 2.5bar) my tyre burbs.

But i am extremely happy with the sanguaro and even bought a spare when it was last on sale now at CWC.

I've recently switched over from crossmark to sanguaro and the only negative i can give the sanguaro is make sure your pressure is right. Im a big lad and if the pressure is not high (i ride back at 2.5bar) my tyre burbs.

But i am extremely happy with the sanguaro and even bought a spare when it was last on sale now at CWC.

IMHO anything grips more than a Crossmark.

I used Seguaro's years ago on a 26er so they have been around - just surprised at their resurgence all of a sudden...

I found them hardy but not a tyre with tons of grip....

Been running the Spez combo, Ground control 2.3 on the front and the grip has been great...Fast track on the back not so much grip but great rolling, Back tyre does spin out under load on steep technical stuff. I know Spez tyres have come under fire lately, but have had no issues at all so far. would stick a ground control on the back for more grip if I needed it. IMO good tyres at an even better price.

One tire, and one tire only.

Vittioria Saguaro.

What he said. 3000km front and back. ZERO punctures, zero worries. (Just make sure you maintain your tubeless fluid)

Edited by dee_biker