Stan’s NoTubes releases new S1 series wheelsets

News bot

Stan’s NoTubes is proud to introduce a new series of wheels designed to bring their patented tubeless technology to an even wider range of riders. Built for long life, low maintenance, and outstanding value, the new S1 series wheels feature 6061 series alloy rims and are available in six different widths suited to more types of riding.

Click here to view the article

I'm liking this... any chance of rim only options, or are they going to be limited to wheelset only at this point?

Would also like to see the wider options available as rims only

Brass nipples are an improvement over their current wheelsets. Hopefully the new hubs are made of something less cheese-like than the 3-30s.

This may even be an off-the-shelf wheelset I can recommend, and the price doesn't look ridiculous either.

Sentry or Baron for me, most likely. 

That's too wide [edit: for any tire over under 2.5"]. Mavic have done science tests which prove that you can go too wide.

Also, according to Stan's NoTubes, you've got to go WideRight.

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/stans-notubes-wideRight-tire-shape-chart.gif

Edited by Odinson

That's too wide [edit: for any tire over 2.5"]. Mavic have done science tests which prove that you can go too wide.

Also, according to Stan's NoTubes, you've got to go WideRight.

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/stans-notubes-wideRight-tire-shape-chart.gif

YOu mean for any tyre UNDER 2.5, surely?

And if so, whose 2.5 are we using.. Continental's? In which case it's more like a 2.2... :P

But yeah. Leaning towards the Sentry tbh. Having experienced Hans Dampfs on a 34mm internal rim, and how well they performed, I'm still tempted. But 29-32 is probably the max I'd go. And that's the Flow / Sentry. 

I'm really  eager to put on some 2.5 minions with a rim that has a 30mm internal, hakahana on a hardtail this past weekend was killer(insane fun tho...)

Finally they've got eyelets in their rims ! I'll have good use for a set of 27.5 Flows in the near future !