The CeramicSpeed OSPW System now available for SRAM groupsets

News bot

The CeramicSpeed Oversized Pulley Wheel System is the only 17-tooth pulley wheel system, completely designed and developed by CeramicSpeed, in Denmark. Matching lightweight materials, the lowest friction bearings and the longest lifetime with consistent road and lab testing, the CeramicSpeed OSPW System delivers unique energy savings and reduces the friction in the derailleur by 40-60 %. At this year’s edition of EUROBIKE, CeramicSpeed launches the first OSPW System for SRAM groupsets.

Click here to view the article

At €400- €500 a set.

For 1.6 - 2.4W energy saving... I'd rather just loose the 300g of body weight to offer the same relative gain

Of all dynamic drag produced by the bike (friction etc.), what contribution is from the rear derailleur? What fraction does the rear derailleur add? Surely halving rear derailleur drag does a lot less than 1.5 to 2.5 watts? That's in the region of the gain an aero helmet provides over a standard helmet. I'm a bit sceptical of that claim, gotta say.

Only in the High End Pro world would such gains make any "meaningful" difference.

But ... just watch this space. Every Tom, Dick and Harriett will soon sport the same. If it's out there, we buy.