N+1 The third attempt

Gucci

ok im a single speed guy and this whole rear cog thing is freaking me out - sooooo many options!!!

I'm going to be running a 42 upfront

do i go for a XX1 10-42

or a PG1170 11-36

or something else??

i recon a lot of my stuff will be on roads so not sure i need the 42 at the rear?

Heeeeeeelp!!!

oh and I'm guessing that I can't run a 42 up front and a 10-42 at the back on a medium cage rear mech?

Rather put a NX cassette on. It looks nice in black and doesn't require the Sram XD driver to accommodate the 10t small sprocket.

As far as I know you can run as big a ring as you like up front with a medium cage RD. You only need the long cage when you are running 3x or 2x with a big step between front ring sizes.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My my, this is a TBT!!

Last time I saw that number plate it was attached to a terrible Duke Monster, glad to see that the tall man with the funny accent has upped his game ;)

This build looks insane, looking forward to following this journey!

Haha Andre. Give me a chance that was my first ever bike to learn on - there have been 6 other ones after it!! Hope your well.

I know it's heavy but what about a Rohloff hub ?

Clean , looks clean and ultra reliable

I've been looking at this and the shimono one for a while. I even helped a mate with his di2 one but decided it wasn't for me, it also dictates my wheel choice considerably.

But I appreciate the thought/comment/idea - thanks

So I just add to cart then pay now on a few items:

From Germany

SRAM cx1 hydro levers and shifter in black - these were hard to source, no one has stock especially in black (left rear brake only and right gears and front brake)

XX1 rear mech - long cage (would prefer medium but doesn't fit ) got a deal and prefer the xx1 to the cx1

From the UK

Cx1 crank with 50t (sell the cog after confirm happy with the oval direct mount 42t)

Xx1 10-42t rear cassette

It's taken me a while to source all these parts at such great prices but for me that's part of the fun - I've got a feeling there is going to be a long wait on brake levers but we will see

I just got notification that my frame is in country (6 days) - it will now take about 2 weeks to get it through and out of customs!!! 

I just got notification that my frame is in country (6 days) - it will now take about 2 weeks to get it through and out of customs!!!

should be quicker..... mine took about a week

Ever end up buying wheels from China?

Rims. Prefer to have them build locally. Planning to purchase some more rims in the next month or so????????

Rims. Prefer to have them build locally. Planning to purchase some more rims in the next month or so

25mm?

How do you find the rims? I ummed and arrggghd over them but decided to go with a know - the only "Chinese" is the frame but let's face it I guess most of the other fancy parts are from their too.

Archived