Some Help with A Giant Trance?

SeanGrey

haha oh nooo! Yea i'm around 178/9. Arms around 57.8 using the competitive cyclist measurements. So with my seat in the correct position using the knee to middle of pedal technique my reach is too short on the Medium unless I go longer stem. 

I had my 2015 Giant trance 2 up for sale here in Cape Town and got loads of replies so good time to sell anyways. Lots of people looking for a good deal with those who are choosing to upgrade to the 2017 models. Perhaps jump on and sell while the time is right and size up. You have the newer 2016 anyways should sell well. Think they are going for 29k now at Giant without any discount or bartering haha.

Yeah, I think I will put my feelers out to see if anyone wants it. Just a pity coz I have put lots of work into it - 1x11 conversion, raceface cranks, stem, and bars! But I guess I can carry that over to a new bike.Any which way I think I am gonna lose a pretty penny with resale!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea check it out and see what you can get. If you can get the trance 2 2017 or whichever one first. Then swap out bars and stem and 1x11 with the slx 1x11. And sell the giant bars stem and 1x11 as components and stick the other stuff on the new bike. Can't dodge the loss tho unfortunately.

Nope. Old (2014-16) were upgradeable to 142x12TA. New ones are 148x12 out the box

Misunderstood s14phoenix's response. I thought he was saying the `17 model was 142. Apologies.

Nope. Old (2014-16) were upgradeable to 142x12TA. New ones are 148x12 out the box

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Jumping in here coz it's relevant to the discussion.... But would a large also work at 1.88m? Or is that bordering on xl?

Sorry for the jack!

Jumping in here coz it's relevant to the discussion.... But would a large also work at 1.88m? Or is that bordering on xl?

Sorry for the jack!

Trance I'd say xl. Reign on the border due to longer reach and top tube.

Sorry for the jack!

Definitely XL...

Sorry for the jack!

Defs XL. I'm 1.86 and I'm very glad that I went for an XL. still have a lot of standover height, and with the 150mm dropper it feels like I'm riding a rocket sled.

I did immediately swap the stem to a 70mm (50-60 would probably be better for me) and an 780mm Rapide bar.

And the tyres. Have the shop put some proper rubber in, like Ibex. The stock Nobby Nick are meh.

Sorry for the jack!

Yea i agree with the above. A large for me 178/9 would be a good fit, a medium way too small according to my reach. The large only gives me an extra 5.8cm or so which would take you to an xl just based on reach i'd say. Can always shorten the Stem and the increase in Wheelbase can only help. 

Damn, mine is a L. Guess I need to test an XL.

Thanks!

Try it out. Bike fit for me was the best thing i've done re setup and sizing 

Anyone know what the 2017 trance 2 is expected to cost?

I don't know about the full bike, but I enquired about the frame with rear shock - and that is gonna be around 22k.

Anyone know what the 2017 trance 2 is expected to cost?

The equivalent of the USD cost at teh time that they land...

So $ 2,700. Depending on the ROE on the day they pay for them, could be between R 35 (@ 13:1) & R 40k (@ 15:1)