One Sore Knee!!!

So I have tried adjusting my seat and my cleats, and I have noticed some changes but I'm still experiencing pain after and also during rides. So I'm going to go get fitted in a week or two.

Will keep you posted...

So I have tried adjusting my seat and my cleats, and I have noticed some changes but I'm still experiencing pain after and also during rides. So I'm going to go get fitted in a week or two.

Will keep you posted...

Get a fit sooner if you plan on riding. I just had the same thing on my left knee. Put new cleats in and the next ride it hurt. Gave it a rest, next ride (24kms) really hurt after and had to spend a bit of time off the bike trying to fix it. 

I took my bike for a set up after the second ride to Debbie @ Utsig here in CT. 95% of my bike was perfect the way I had it. The cleats on the painful knee were waaaay out - and by 'way out' I mean in the middle of the shoe and where you'd think they' should be. She fixed it up and haven't looked back. Looking at the bottom of my shoes you wouldn't believe that they are now set up how they are and you'd never, never move them that far out to the side but that is what she does and that is what has stopped my knee moving sideway when riding and so stopped the pain. 

Get a fit sooner if you plan on riding. I just had the same thing on my left knee. Put new cleats in and the next ride it hurt. Gave it a rest, next ride (24kms) really hurt after and had to spend a bit of time off the bike trying to fix it. 

I took my bike for a set up after the second ride to Debbie @ Utsig here in CT. 95% of my bike was perfect the way I had it. The cleats on the painful knee were waaaay out - and by 'way out' I mean in the middle of the shoe and where you'd think they' should be. She fixed it up and haven't looked back. Looking at the bottom of my shoes you wouldn't believe that they are now set up how they are and you'd never, never move them that far out to the side but that is what she does and that is what has stopped my knee moving sideway when riding and so stopped the pain. 

Mine is also like this. My right shoe's cleat is moved all the way out, so that my foot is farthest away from the bike. And my left foot is normal. Don't know why it works, but I get to cycle painless so I'm not complaining.

I would imagine my seat height adjustment, my seat post was removed a few weeks ago, I will first adjust that and see from there. If im still experiencing pain I will adjust my cleats and failing that I will go get fitted correctly.

thanks for all the advice and help guys, much appreciated. 

A proper fitting is the first thing you should do.

After riding for more than a year with back pain, i had a proper fit and figured out that one leg is longer than the other.  A small adjustment (<1cm) to the cleat and all pain disappeared.  

Archived