Trail MTB Helmet

Darren van Deventer

When looking for a new helmet something I have come to consider important is making sure replacement inner pads are easy to come by. I have the IXS trail RS helmet which has been great (comfy and well vented) but finding replacement pads has been nigh on impossible. Had a back order for pads since July this year, beginning to look at alternatives for that reason alone...

How about the Spez Ambush?

Brilliant. Got one a few months back. For me it is the most comfortable. Expensive yes but in my opinion justified as it protects an important part of me!

Think was R2500. If it breaks within 24 months you get a 50% price reduction on replacement. Not sure how many other brands offer that

Also thinking of purchasing the Spez helmet. It's light and well ventilated. Two very important aspects for a helmet in our weather conditions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

just a conversion makes it 3400 rand so add agents, shipping, import taxes and vat to that ....

how is this one value for money ? :blink:

Consider x1 crown costs over 5k.... trips to the dentist aren't cheap.

I've done some research and it looks like this particular model will retail at R4500.... (I like my teeth)

Think was R2500. If it breaks within 24 months you get a 50% price reduction on replacement. Not sure how many other brands offer that

I think Bell have something similar.

Looking to get a new helmet loving the trail/all mountain style helmets, what's your thoughts on best value for money and must look good

Bell Stoker.

Really comfortable and should be able to find for less than R1500.

Archived