Fizik aliante r5 saddle

Chasing_single_track

I understand this 100%. I assume they recommend the Fizik after the fitting, but I'm just curios why a Fizik. If they sell only Fizik in store then obviously you have to question there bias. Yes, in a spez concept store they will also do the fitting and recommend a Power saddle- maybe even the most expensive one.

Since the OP is asking for advice from us "guru's", I will advise to first determine the reason for this specific saddle and whether the opinion is totally independent and then first test this saddle or other similar ones.

I'm planning to first go for that smart BG test at Spez concept store (I have no doubt they would recommend the power saddle) and then first test the saddle before I buy it.

If it's not comfortable then I'll stay with my Sella Italia, but I'm sure my Venge would love a Power saddle, hehe

your second point just answered your own question ...you like the spaz store and their stuff so you go there...

other people don't so they get offered other stuff ...

its not bias its just the way the western capitalist world works .... :thumbup:

and while we are about it - just check out how many FIZIK Arione's and Spez Phenoms are always for sale in the classifieds and and you will see that it doesn't matter who measures your ass as long as someone does before you buy an expensive saddle :w00t: (Bias has its uses)

I was chatting to Santa, and a Spez power saddle came up. Need to try it out first though

can you send me his email addy cause I have a list also   :clap:

Very specific recommendation there by your fitment 'spec aheet'.

Make sure you have the correct width in the Alliantè - there are two widths

I'd also recommend the Fabric brand of saddle - the model that would be most compatible to the Alliante

Hi Gurus, 

I have recently been for a bike fitting and they recommend that I upgrade my saddle to the fizik R5 aliante saddle. Unfortunately the price is way out of budget and I cannot imagine that it is worth the cost

Richard at (then) Cyclefit also suggested the Aliante for me - also bull flexibility..  I bought a Aliante R3 a few months ago - came from the Arione - the investment was well worth it.  The Arione was never comfortable for me - could not find a comfy spot.    Around 6000 km later and it still looks brand new.

Maybe try this one:

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/217055-fizik-aliante-bull-saddle/

I have been on the Alliante....not my favourite.

The Arione is still the go-to perch.

But each ass to his own.  ;)

I am getting a Fabric this week if all the stars line up and will try it out over the weekend.....

Try the fugly TEST saddles first that Fizik offers.

I like Ailante the most for MTB.

Test as many as you can before forking out that much for a saddle.

Cheers