Prescription riding sunglasses - options?

Furbz

my issue is largely in low light situations, like forest. I've been to at least 3 different shops. And for prescription lenses,photochromic,anti glare,anti scratch I was quoted between 6500 - 7800, this is for oakley and rudy project with the latter being the more expensive of the two.this was more than a year ago. Still never managed to save up for this.

Ocean Eyewear?

Although not everyone's taste.

DÁrcs from Omnico (Through your LBS) for R365.00 including the insert + two lenses (Grey and clear).

cheap as chips and functional.

Good luck  :)

Do not buy the Adidas glasses. They break.

My wife is blessed with terrible eyesight. She had prescriptions made for her Adidas glasses because she had the glasses already. Glasses broke, not the inserts. Got another pair of glasses. Broke again. Always between the eyes., above the nose. And she does not abuse her glasses.

She is back to riding with her contact lenses and trusty Rudy Projects

Good Day @Furbz,

Rudy Project has a wide range of prescription glasses available. You can visit one of our nearest dealers to find the perfect pair. Prescription Options > http://www.rudyproject.co.za/prescription.html and Dealers near you > http://www.rudyproject.co.za/stores/

Kind Regards

ASG Sport Team 

thanks guys,

appreciate the reply.

my optm mentioned a very long delivery time from ordering to receiving the glasses regarding rudy project prescriptions? - 60 to 90 days?

what is the norm?

oakley did my last set in 5 working days - they do say up to 15 days though

thanks guys,

appreciate the reply.

my optm mentioned a very long delivery time from ordering to receiving the glasses regarding rudy project prescriptions? - 60 to 90 days?

what is the norm?

oakley did my last set in 5 working days - they do say up to 15 days though

Hi Furbz

It depends on what exactly you're looking for. If you'd like to have prescription lenses fitted, you can purchase a pair of Rudy Project's at any optometrist,  and have the prescription done right then and there. It depends on the optometrist, but this should only take a couple of days. If, however, you want to get a pair of Rudy's with ImpactRX lenses (our unbreakable, photochromatic prescription lenses), then we send the lenses to our lab in Italy where they layer the prescription into the actual polymers of the lens. Currently, no lab in SA can do this. The latter will take a bit longer - 60- 90 days as you mentioned, but totally worth the wait.

Archived