Possible Scammer

GidB

Another hubber asked also about a Garmin Fenix he had for sale on 19th already. The ads are still up for Fizik shoes and Garmin.

Google the phone number - been selling items under multiple user names (Kyle#01;KyleDorkin,Madbikeman,SwissCyclesZA) with locations in Western Cape, KZN, Gauteng etc over the past few years...

I reckon it's all genuine and just appears suspicious... Strange way of doing business, but the KyleDorkin user name seems genuine and the cell number has been consistent. 

When I phone the numbers he gave I get to a different person - an H Smit from Knysna.

Oh Crap, I just bought an article from this guy (Kyle#01) and since payment he has gone quiet.  Been communicating via Whatsapp but when I call the number I get to a different person - is this even possible?! 

Sorry to hear about that.

Please let us Know if you receive delivery in order to confirm if this is indeed a scammer

**UPDATE**

Still don't have the watch I paid for.

So I was advised by some hubbers to try stop the payment through my bank but I know payment has goon through on his side already (did eft on 17-Nov) and he confirmed funds reflected in his account.  Contacted my bank which in turn contacted his bank to freeze his account.  Also had to report him at police station to get a case number.  Did all this and got his account frozen.

Eventually got contacted by him wanting to know why I froze his account and some soppy story that his phone was stolen and then he got sick, then he had to travel somewhere for an emergency meeting then he slept for 30 hours because of medication.

Long story short I told him I would only stop charges if either i get my money back or the product.

So yesterday he promised to post today and let me have the tracking number.  Waited all day just to a stinking email from him saying he doesn't like the way I do business and that he is dropping the sale!  and threatening me with legal action! Sorry but WTF!!

**UPDATE**

Still don't have the watch I paid for.

So I was advised by some hubbers to try stop the payment through my bank but I know payment has goon through on his side already (did eft on 17-Nov) and he confirmed funds reflected in his account.  Contacted my bank which in turn contacted his bank to freeze his account.  Also had to report him at police station to get a case number.  Did all this and got his account frozen.

Eventually got contacted by him wanting to know why I froze his account and some soppy story that his phone was stolen and then he got sick, then he had to travel somewhere for an emergency meeting then he slept for 30 hours because of medication.

Long story short I told him I would only stop charges if either i get my money back or the product.

So yesterday he promised to post today and let me have the tracking number.  Waited all day just to a stinking email from him saying he doesn't like the way I do business and that he is dropping the sale!  and threatening me with legal action! WTF!!

Classic scammer rhetoric. Don't be rattled by it.

He'll never pursue a case. Guys like him never will.

My spidey-tingling sixth sense is telling me that the hub has heard from this fella before...he sells rather expensive shirts maybe...

Or maybe it's just the weather.

Google the phone number - been selling items under multiple user names (Kyle#01;KyleDorkin,Madbikeman,SwissCyclesZA) with locations in Western Cape, KZN, Gauteng etc over the past few years...

I reckon it's all genuine and just appears suspicious... Strange way of doing business, but the KyleDorkin user name seems genuine and the cell number has been consistent. 

For what its worth, Kyle Dorkin was a sale representative at Specialized Stellenbosch, I'm looking at his business card right now. He took my bike in for a service once. So somebody may have taken his alias. But...... Kyle left there a few months back and I was told that he was very ill by one of the other staff members. They didn't elaborate.

Archived