The Classics

'Dale

His wheelie at presentation was just a bit much for me. After that I really hoped QS would kick his arse.

There is a bit of fun. And then there is a bit of arrogance. Fine line.

Maybe I'm too fickle and too traditionalist.

This crossing over to cars adds nothing to bike racing. Like focussing on the coach at a rugby match when a try is scored.

Each to his own [emoji6]

He plays to the crowd.. an entertainer.[emoji6]

Sags is confident but I wouldn't call him arrogant..

I have read many interviews and watched too many from when he could barely speak English..he has never seemed arrogant to me.. a joker at times yes..but arrogant no.. never seemed like that.

Edited by Gen

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing how sport doesn't play to the agenda. His move was to soften it up for Tom. Tom had a mechanical and PG had the legs to finish it. With the help of the guys who put the barriers out.

Have you read the post race interview with Boonen?

Such a smart tactician that one.

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/realised-sky-afraid-us-tom-boonen-explains-quick-steps-attack-muur-323040?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social#GGJyDGt1e3q3SjJM.99

Edited by Gen

Each to his own [emoji6]

I have read many interviews and watched too many from when he could barely speak English..he has never seemed arrogant to me.. a joker at times yes..but arrogant no.. not never seemed like that.

The way he behaves when he loses, crashes or gets beaten is a fine display of his humility.

Showman. Yes. Forever.

Anyone brave enough to make a prediction for Sunday[emoji85]

Podium:

GvA

Boonen

Hayman

Heart choice: Sagan (just not enough team support when it matters)

Dark horse: Rowe

Outsider: Kristoff

Podium:

GvA

Boonen

Hayman

Heart choice: Sagan (just not enough team support when it matters)

Dark horse: Rowe

Outsider: Kristoff

Yeah. PR is a hard one to win.. everything must go right and nothing can go wrong..

And TV broadcast from the gun.. uninterrupted.

Well you know me if it can't be Sagan then it must be Boonen.. [emoji6] unlike last week when I didn't feel the Flanders win for Sagan.. I am feeling the PR win for him.. despite all the team dynamics..

Edited by Gen

Yeah. PR is a hard one to win.. everything must go right and nothing can go wrong..

And TV broadcast from the gun.. uninterrupted.

No Johnny D there in my picks

What're you predictions, Gen?

No Johnny D there in my picks

What're you predictions, Gen?

I suck at predictions hey.. I have too much emotion invested in this damn sport

But I am feeling it hey..unlike last week

[emoji6]

I am a bit dissapointed in JD hey.. personally think Stuyven has a better chance at the win.

Oh and if Martin can stay on his BIKE.. Tony to podium.

Edited by Gen

Each to his own [emoji6]

I have read many interviews and watched too many from when he could barely speak English..he has never seemed arrogant to me.. a joker at times yes..but arrogant no.. never seemed like that.

I enjoy watching Sagan, perhaps I am not up there as a #1 fan, and I certainly dont follow him, (or any of them actually), out of races, I can however appreciate his racing style, its flamboyant and exciting, whats to dislike?

Win or lose, sport is, after all, entertainment, if the fans get bored because everything is so serious and "focused" the sport will die, so sure, we need the likes of the Sagan's, the 'Berto's, the Gilbert's, the Voekler's, the Kwiatkowski's, the Valverde's and others who go out on a limb and make it interesting, if they all just sat in the peleton because they didn't want to risk losing, I for one certainly wouldn't be watching. 

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

I have stopped making predictions, but one would have had to be living under a (cycling) rock to not tip the hat to GvA, he has impeccable form and a strong team, I would love for Boonen to win, but realistically I dont see it. 

I believe it will be an outsider to the starred names published before each monument.

A Norwegian, an Aussie or a German.

Or Tommeke. For old times sake.

Would absolutely love a Tommeke win! I felt that he would've had a say at RVV if he didn't have the mechanical on "Boonenberg". Regardless of how he does on Sunday afternoon he will remain a big hero in my eyes. Absolute legend.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

After last Sunday? You must be mad! :whistling:

Ummm ok, here's mine: Boonen, GVA & Sagan. Unsure of order but I would definitely prefer a Boonen win.

Darkhorses would be Stuyven, Thuens, Hayman, Durbridge and Phil Gil.

And Sonny Colbrelli to get another top 10 result. He has been getting some good results so far this season.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk