The Classics

'Dale

Umm I've clearly stated that Sagan needs to adapt and I've also clearly stated that Sagan isn't the only major player this season. GVA's form has been red hot since opening weekend. So when the Terpstra incident you're refering to occured it made no sense for him to completely sit up in the manner that he did. Both myself and GOG compared it to Durbridge's situation during the DDV and commended him for racing even when he could see he was going to be out played. He tried to win. Terpstra and QS did not imho. Yes Sagan is a damn strong rider and shouldn't be given easy wins but if your sole tactic as a team shouldn't be to mark one guy so badly that you allow another equally strong rider to win ahead of someone in your own super team, especially if that other strong rider happens to be the Olympic champion.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Quick Step have decided a plan for Sagan. I'm sure they'll have a different plan for GVA in the next few Classics.

Your use of Durbridge at DDV as an example just proves the point I tried to make about QS and Sagan. Firstly there was no Sagan being towed to the line and secondly 2 quicksteppers were in the final break with no Orica Scott rider in the bunch behind.

Then 1st Gilbert jumped and Lampaert sat on. When Durbridge and Lutsenko brought Gilbert back, Lampaert made the winning move. While Gilbert sat on.

I'm pretty sure that had Sagan been in a 4 man break with 2 quicksteppers their tactics would have been similar to get rid of him.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they'll show the final hour

Last year it was like the final 2 kms or something

I remember but there is no indication on any of the streams.

I remember but there is no indication on any of the streams.

If we are getting live coverage it will Def be on the streaming sites too.

If we are getting live coverage it will Def be on the streaming sites too.

No indication DSTV has live women's race coverage:

post-35786-0-02533500-1491053343_thumb.jpg

No indication DSTV has live women's race coverage:

attachicon.gifPS1146.jpg

Mmm I had assumed the 10am one was the ladies bit.. sigh..

Will look see if I can find anything

Here you go Gen:

attachicon.gifPS1147.jpg

PS: Enjoy your not L’Étape South Africa bike ride tomorrow.

Thx for that

He he.. I very much enjoyed the karkloof trails today .. heading I think to St Ives tomorrow or maybe back to karkloof..damn those trails are something else..

"There’s a lot of good riders, it’s not just me and him in the peloton. We will have to look out for a lot of people and who are the favourites and how the race goes. It’s not just about two riders. Then, for sure, we will need a lot of luck going into Sunday."

Sagan, 2016 RvV winner

"There’s a lot of good riders, it’s not just me and him in the peloton. We will have to look out for a lot of people and who are the favourites and how the race goes. It’s not just about two riders. Then, for sure, we will need a lot of luck going into Sunday."

Sagan, 2016 RvV winner

So chilled in his presser

"I would prefer to do something... It doesn't have to be win. If possible I would like to, but I'd prefer to do something than just stick in the pack and do nothing."

Boonen