The Classics

'Dale

Go Green Machine

Tom Van Asbroeck (Cannondale-Drapac) accelerates off the front of the peloton on the Kwaremont and sets off alone in pursuit of the escapees.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

140km remaining from 260km

Van Asbroeck would doubtless have preferred some company, but he presses on alone for the time being. The main peloton comes over the top of the Kwaremont still largely intact.

Juraj Sagan rides on the head of the peloton for his brother Peter, while a delegation of Quick-Step riders lines up behind him. 17 climbs to go...

Astounding how quickly these guys move in the one day races. How aggressive it all is.

And to think it's more not even full gas yet.. last yr it was woes from the start

‼️

Two crashes in quick succession at the rear of the peloton on the Eikenberg. Chun Kai Feng (Bahrain-Merida) is involved in both, and his race might be at an end.

Cmon Green Machine

120km remaining from 260km

Taylor Phinney (Cannondale-Drapac) escapes from the peloton over the top of the Eikenberg. The American is trying to latch up to De Backer and Docker ahead of the Wolvenberg.

And to think it's more not even full gas yet.. last yr it was woes from the start

Positioning is everything with the hellingen

Constant vigilance

Astounding how quickly these guys move in the one day races. How aggressive it all is.

Animals. I sooooo wish that they can recieve the appreciation that they deserve.

‼️

Phinney and Haller are brought back by the peloton on the cobbles at Holleweg. And shortly after he's pegged back, Phinney falls heavily. The American remounts but is holding his head and is pedalling very gingerly.

It's odd to me that anyone ever bought a bike in Belgium. I mean I understand ice hockey taking off in Canada and skiing in Austria and cricket in Australia. But cycling in Belgium is as odd as white water rafting in Saudi Arabia.

Weather mostly cold and raining. Windy as all hell. Roads made out of lumpy stones or with a big expansion gap in the middle. Very strange anyone would want to ride a bike there.

As small and feisty like the Orica sprinter

What speed endurance ????????????