The Classics

'Dale

Well my buddy completed his I think 5th RVV sportive today.. and they had okay weather cold but no rain.. as always he is soaking up the Flanders fever.. drinking beer chatting to locals..he says it is crazy as always excitement is reaching am all time high... he is happy case he crushed the Patenberg this year lol..normally too many people in front of him that dismount then you don't have much of a choice but to get off as there is nowhere to go

However he can't stay for the pros tomorrow has to head back home to France as work and life is getting in the way this year. But is planning on staying after he does Roubaix next weekend. Lol

Edited by Gen

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To pass the time..friend sending us all these little pics..he never can get enough of Belgium and the cycling culture

At the Flanders museum .. entrances pubs etc

Entrance to the pub side..lol

e40416ac6c64116f4215fb7f73af0289.jpgb12b7f57037c32b9a676f813acbf5954.jpg18019a89ec3f7e6c3ab26a1eba028177.jpg

GVA bike at entrance so not in the museum

Edited by Gen

Great stuff ????????

Just watched the final hour of the '16 RvV

Appetizer

Yeah.. I think I will do the same..

I have now watched all sort of Flanders Build up videos, articles..now it's time to enjoy the 2016 race again.

Edited by Gen

Quick Step have decided a plan for Sagan. I'm sure they'll have a different plan for GVA in the next few Classics.

Your use of Durbridge at DDV as an example just proves the point I tried to make about QS and Sagan. Firstly there was no Sagan being towed to the line and secondly 2 quicksteppers were in the final break with no Orica Scott rider in the bunch behind.

Then 1st Gilbert jumped and Lampaert sat on. When Durbridge and Lutsenko brought Gilbert back, Lampaert made the winning move. While Gilbert sat on.

I'm pretty sure that had Sagan been in a 4 man break with 2 quicksteppers their tactics would have been similar to get rid of him.

So what are you saying that Sagan > GVA? Because this season that is not true. Or that QS has no plan to deal with either if both are in a break and they have no numbers? Other than preventing Sagan to contest the win by not working with him? As was seen in Gent. And you entirely missed the point I was making re Durbrigde. Despite QS'S numbers he tried to win even though he knew that he was outgunned. Terpstra and QS sat up and did nothing to give them a chance at winning or a podium. Should Sagan have a plan when that happens? Yes absolutely.

Looking forward to today's race! I think it's going to be a cracker!

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

It's RVV day are you ready.

It is indeed race day.

Ive been ready all my life  :clap:

I remember when we used to get all the Cannondale stuff from you. Now it's just kitchen equipment.

So what are you saying that Sagan > GVA? Because this season that is not true. Or that QS has no plan to deal with either if both are in a break and they have no numbers? Other than preventing Sagan to contest the win by not working with him? As was seen in Gent. And you entirely missed the point I was making re Durbrigde. Despite QS'S numbers he tried to win even though he knew that he was outgunned. Terpstra and QS sat up and did nothing to give them a chance at winning or a podium. Should Sagan have a plan when that happens? Yes absolutely.

Looking forward to today's race! I think it's going to be a cracker!

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

I'm saying QS more concerned about not helping Sagan to win than worrying about GVA winning. If they can't win themselves of course.

I agree Durbridge tried to win. What else could he do once he'd made the selection? He was 1 in 4. Terpstra was 1 in 5 with 15 seconds on the chasers with 15km to go including team mates Stybar and Trentin trying to get back on terms.

I guess that is the difference between the OS and QS, OS happy to go for 1 in 4, QS trying to make it 3 from about 14.

I remember when we used to get all the Cannondale stuff from you. Now it's just kitchen equipment.

And of course Sagan in the shower washing his hair

Money talks baby yeah ???? ????????

Edited by 'Dale

Weather: sunshine and clouds and a top temperature of 17°C. A light, swirling 10km/h breeze means the weather looks unlikely to be tactical.

Antwerp is bathed in pleasant spring sunshine this morning and the temperature is a manageable 11 degrees, which will rise 16 degrees in Oudenaarde come the afternoon.

Signing ceremony:

As well as the raucous cheers for Boonen, there was, apparently, a smattering of boos for Niki Terpstra, which seems to be a willful misreading of the Gent-Wevelgem contretemps with Peter Sagan last week. I can't imagine Terpstra or Quick-Step are overly concerned...