Gauteng Road Champs

Rolling Stone

Thus only 6 Elites starting?

hahahhahahaha.  Ag nee man.

The 11:36 is the road race. I don't have TT times.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Start times have been changed to accommodate all the whining, bitching and moaning officials/administrators, and dare I say cyclists (not actually the cyclist's fault, but perhaps a sign of the state of affairs in this province).

Last post on this subject from me, pity had to be so abrupt.

Thanks for your help Gerald. You sound more grumpy than I am. I have accepted that no tt start times will be received. The sun has set and I will be up before the sun rises to be at the race venue in time to get my race number and prepare for the start.

The lack of communication is unforgivable. Last year was exactly the same. We live with it. 

Good luck to everyone racing. I hope the weather will be kind.

So somebody called me to say they heard all the start times for road race have changed. Anybody heard thus and know what they are.

Can't believe this **** !!

So have the times changed ? And to what ? As obviously nobody will let the cyclists know.

Same k@k as last year !!

Yes it did change, new starting times were emailed last night.

I haven't received any email :-(

I haven't received any email :-(

9:30 onwards at 3min intervals for 50+, 55+, 60+, 65+, Elite woman, Vets woman age groups and other younger ages.

Elite, U23, Juniors, Vets 30+, 35+, 40+ and 45+ off from 06:30 to 06:50.

9:30 onwards at 3min intervals for 50+, 55+, 60+, 65+, Elite woman, Vets woman age groups and other younger ages.

Elite, U23, Juniors, Vets 30+, 35+, 40+ and 45+ off from 06:30 to 06:50.

Tks Gerald. How final is this ? I just had a call and was told that they will be combining age groups, and that 50+ will be about 6:50 ???

Confusion reigns !

Tks Gerald. How final is this ? I just had a call and was told that they will be combining age groups, and that 50+ will be about 6:50 ???

Confusion reigns !

Confusion! No question - I'm not even aware of this change.

Combining groups will make for a safer race - less groups on the road, but...

I'm not going to say much more (except the few people hosting the event are doing what they can - don't blame them for what is happening).

The vets 30+ goes at 6.50. Ive got the list. Not sure how to attach. Got it after the tt this morning. Will see if I can share when I get home.

Archived