Belgarath

Hi guys

I've been borrowing a Raleigh from a friend, and I want to buy it from him:

Age: not sure, but has celebrated its 10th birthday a while ago

Groupo: Shim 105 2x9

Stem and handlebar: Ritchey

Fork: Raleigh carbon

Few dings and scratches from use

I already got a different wheelset, aa the old one's rear rim is a bit knackered, breaking spokes at will. Tyres will also need replacing.

Guesses at good offers? He wanted R4500, which I think is too steep.

Edited by Belgarath

I saw a RC3000 for sale recently for R3000 here on bike hub. It was also about 10 years old(was mainly red and from that era when every 2nd bike was a raleigh with microsoft on it). I am not sure if it was eventually sold for that price or what condition but I guess its a ball park figure. It also had 2x9 but tiagra which is 1 below 105.

Bullet proof bikes.

I have one like I described above that is now on my IDT and that's why the ad caught my eye.

I recently sold a RC3000 for 2700. it was in excellent condition and wheels were RS21's iirc.

I would say on your description 3k to 3500 would be fair but closer to 3k as the wheels kaput.

These wheels do break spokes after a while. I had one and respoked the back wheel twice. Especially if you ride over a lot of speed bumps.