Best MTB Tyres Confidence

Patchelicious

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the Barzo grippier on the front than the Rocket Ron?

How does the Barzo hold up on hard pack stuff?

A bar of wet soap is grippier than a rocket ron.

The Barzo's have amazing grip all round, I have never had a problem on hard pack at all with it. I can push that tyre so much harder the Rocket Ron.

The reason I like them so much, is that if they do let go, they have amazing feel and you can recover from it. You can pick the front up if it slides.

A bar of wet soap is grippier than a rocket ron.

The Barzo's have amazing grip all round, I have never had a problem on hard pack at all with it. I can push that tyre so much harder the Rocket Ron.

The reason I like them so much, is that if they do let go, they have amazing feel and you can recover from it. You can pick the front up if it slides.

just thought I'll highlight this. so darn true!

After recommendation by hubbers, I'm now on the Saguaro (back) & Barzo (front) combo. [29" 2.2 & 2.25]

Very impressed with the Saguaro throughout Berg-n-Bush this year.
Still to try the Barzo which I replaced the Racing Ralph with this week - Looking forward to it based on what I've read in this thread.

I've seen them range in price from R500 to R990.

I found these grippy looking tires are all good when new, Rocket Ron and Conti X-King for example. Once a little worn, even though they don't look too bad, seem to deteriorate quite a lot.

Barzo's on special on CWC at the moment.

Also I will share a little secret about the Barzo on the rear. Guys, please don't tell anyone. If you run the rear with the tread the wrong way round, you get traction for days...

Ive had run Fast Tracks on both my Epics, not a fan of the Spez profile.

I just put Fastracks 2.1 front and back on the bike for the Desert Dash (which was a huge mistake) but they give me about as much confidence as Kurt Cobain had when he was sober.

Will take a look at the Conti options....

Thank you!!

Kurt Cobain was never sober...bless him.

Ive had run Fast Tracks on both my Epics, not a fan of the Spez profile.

I just put Fastracks 2.1 front and back on the bike for the Desert Dash (which was a huge mistake) but they give me about as much confidence as Kurt Cobain had when he was sober.

Will take a look at the Conti options....

Thank you!!

Patchelicous, was there any riding at Desert Dash that should have given you confidence issues? I thought it was all gravel roads.

Patchelicous, was there any riding at Desert Dash that should have given you confidence issues? I thought it was all gravel roads.

No, DD isn't why I started this thread. It's about general MTBing. I need to work on my MTBing.

The reason I said those tyres where wrong for the dash is because there is LOTS of sand and 2.1 fast tracks at 2.2 bar was mistake I made because I also thought it was a gravel road race.... It's not!

No, DD isn't why I started this thread. It's about general MTBing. I need to work on my MTBing.

The reason I said those tyres where wrong for the dash is because there is LOTS of sand and 2.1 fast tracks at 2.2 bar was mistake I made because I also thought it was a gravel road race.... It's not!

Oh ok. Well done at Desert Dash!

Butcher/Purgatory Grids. Best Spez front/back combo tyres!

Tom

Agreed Butcher Grid  front / Purgatory Rear  , Grid is super puncture resistant too , price good and super sticky < best of the Spez Tyres

been out of riding for about 6 months, put butcher tyre up front and first ride done. Well the uphill sucked (unfit) but coming down all smiles! Tyre is good!

Archived