Help with E Bay ordering

Prince Albert Cycles

I need help from those with experience .

Started a vintage build and see some nice parts on e bay.Having not purchased on ebay before how do you do the delivery , VAT and customs thing ?

I am living in Prince Albert ( from next week that is) so street delivery wont work.

I will have a Post Box there.

Will it go to the post box and they charge me customs and VAT ?

A friend recently sent me parts as a gift from Australia .

I was contacted by a shipping agent who collected that VAT from me and then charged me documentation fees .

Thanks.

Arno.

KUS KAROO KUS mtb Tours

Once the items have been delivered and cleared customs they will be delivered to your local post office.  The post office will then put a delivery slip in you PO Box which you take to the post office.

Take ID and cash as the post office will require payment of the custom duties before handing over your parcels.

EDIT: As your delivery address with ebay use your PO Box address

• 1 month later...

Ordered some Tandem cranks last night from Ebay. Was my first time using them. Both sets where on auction and it seemed as if I could only bid on one item at a time so my toppie was bidding on the one and I was bidding on the other. Both happened to be from the same seller and the bidding closed at 23h30 last night. I actually just went to sleep and set an alarm for 23h20. The seller says he is going to use US postal service. Anyone know where it goes or who takes over from them when it lands here? I presume US postal aren't the ones who deliver to me or contact me.

Ordered some Tandem cranks last night from Ebay. Was my first time using them. Both sets where on auction and it seemed as if I could only bid on one item at a time so my toppie was bidding on the one and I was bidding on the other. Both happened to be from the same seller and the bidding closed at 23h30 last night. I actually just went to sleep and set an alarm for 23h20. The seller says he is going to use US postal service. Anyone know where it goes or who takes over from them when it lands here? I presume US postal aren't the ones who deliver to me or contact me.

SA post office takes over as soon as it enters the country through customs. 

Be prepared to wait...quite a bit, and find your local tracking number. Your parcel might end up at your local post office and stay there for weeks before you ever receive a notification.

You can use "sniper" services that allow you to list multiple items at a time and place a last minute bid (snipe) on the auction.  You can place items in groups, so that once an item in the group is won, it will not place any bids on the rest of the items (for example, placing both sets of tandem cranks in the same group so if you win the one ending first, it won't place a bid on the second one).  There are lots out there if you google it - the one I've used is auctionsniper.com

SA post office takes over as soon as it enters the country through customs. 

Be prepared to wait...quite a bit, and find your local tracking number. Your parcel might end up at your local post office and stay there for weeks before you ever receive a notification.

Flip I hope it doesn't take too long. Would really like to use them at CTCT. Pity there wasn't a DHL option like from CRC.

Goodluck in getting it before the ctct my last couple of eBay items all took close to 2 months to arrive. And most of the time it's our postal service that's the holdup

Flip I hope it doesn't take too long. Would really like to use them at CTCT. Pity there wasn't a DHL option like from CRC.

Also have things from overseas via sapo take 2 months or more, so doubt you will have them for CTCT. They normally get stuck at customs for weeks and then sapo takes it's time.

if you become a regular shopper on ebay, consider using aramex global shopper for shipping.  Especially if you see something you like and the seller will only ship locally (i.e ebay.com and will only ship to USA destination and not international), you can get it shipped to an aramex USA office who will courier it to your door, bypassing sapo.  Generally takes about 2 weeks which is a lot better than 2 months or more via SAPO

Archived