Polar M600 vs other

partydave

Looking to upgrade from my Tomtom Multisport and stumbled upon the Polar M600. Looks like a great watch at a decent price. How does it compare to similar watches like the Fenix 3 (non-hr) in the same price bracket.

Stuff I'm interested in:

Wrist based HR

Phone notifications

Battery life

Quick sync between watch and phone

Easy Strava integration

Training plans

Stuff I'm not interested:

Overpriced nonsense 

I was seriously considering the M600 as an upgrade from my M400, and because I'm using a V650 on my MTB.

IMHO the M600 is too ugly to wear as an everyday watch.

I decided to buy a Fenix 3 HR, and after about 3 weeks I'm still very impressed with the Fenix.

The last decent Polar I owned was my trusty s725x. The Fenix is tried and tested, with excellent aftersales service from Navworld, I honestly don't see myself going back to Polar anytime soon.

Thanks guys. Don't mind the looks of the M600, but the Fenix is better looking for sure.

Is it bulky out on a ride?

The Fenix3 ticks all the boxes, if you wait a little then the Fenix5 will be out shortly (could be a month or 2)

What do you mean by easy strava integration?  If it is just uploading to strava then the fenix3 will do it no issue, you just upload to garmin connect and auto sync between garmin connect and strava.

If however you want strava live segments then you will have to look at the garmin 735XT https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216918277-Strava-Live-Segments-on-your-Garmin

I have had the fenix3 for almost a year and hardly ever leaves my wrist

Not live segments, but autosync as you mentioned. 

Thanks. Only thing I don't like about the Fenix is the chest based HR on cheaper models (Fenix 3 HR is too pricey) 

I recently upgraded from the M400 to the Fenix 3 with the chest strap and it has been great. 

Wrist based HR - Prefer the chest one

Phone notifications - I prefer to keep notifications on my phone

Battery life -Fenix is incredible

Quick sync between watch and phone - Automatically updates on my WIFI when home

Easy Strava integration - If your garmin connect account is linked to strava (similar to polarflow) then it automatically updates

Training plans - Still busy sussing out this one. 

Bulky - Hardly any difference between the Fenix and the M400. Only issue when lifting weights, I flip it over as not to damage the screen.

Cheers

Thanks Snakedoc. Have you used the phone notifications at all? That is a big selling point for me as I never hear my phone out on a ride, which drives the wife insane

Due to a mishap with my Tomtom multisport I recently bought the Garmin 735xt. I looked at the Fenix 3 and others in that price range but decided against a top end model as the techno is usually outdated after 2 years anyway. While they are fantastic watches I don't like the idea of splashing out that kinda loot every 2 years or whenever the device breaks after guarantee up.

So far impressed with the 735, syncs very easily with Strava and quick sticks with Vitality too (using Garmin connect)

The watch has functionality way beyond what the TomTom had and wrist based HR monitoring is now perfectly acceptable for my needs. Being a Smart watch you can do all the "smart" stuff too. If you wanted even more functionality you can get the Tri bundle with it but this adds to the initial cost.

I don't wear my garmin as an everyday watch, I already have a watch for that so that was another consideration.

Can go wrong with the Fenix or M600 I reckon, might be some nice dicsounts on the Fenix 3 shortly too.

Due to a mishap with my Tomtom multisport I recently bought the Garmin 735xt. I looked at the Fenix 3 and others in that price range but decided against a top end model as the techno is usually outdated after 2 years anyway. While they are fantastic watches I don't like the idea of splashing out that kinda loot every 2 years or whenever the device breaks after guarantee up.

So far impressed with the 735, syncs very easily with Strava and quick sticks with Vitality too (using Garmin connect)

The watch has functionality way beyond what the TomTom had and wrist based HR monitoring is now perfectly acceptable for my needs. Being a Smart watch you can do all the "smart" stuff too. If you wanted even more functionality you can get the Tri bundle with it but this adds to the initial cost.

I don't wear my garmin as an everyday watch, I already have a watch for that so that was another consideration.

Can go wrong with the Fenix or M600 I reckon, might be some nice dicsounts on the Fenix 3 shortly too.

Thanks IceCream. I will investigate the Garmin 735xt as well

Thanks IceCream. I will investigate the Garmin 735xt as well

Takelot says the 735 is actually more expensive than the Fenix 3

Thanks Snakedoc. Have you used the phone notifications at all? That is a big selling point for me as I never hear my phone out on a ride, which drives the wife insane

If you have bluetooth on your phone and paired with the fenix3 then everytime there is a message, whether email, whatsapp, sms or phone call the watch will vibrate and there will be a notification on the screen

Archived