Yup I was there

On the main road

Gave out loads of samples! Keep an eye out at the up and coming races bud

I'll sort you out!!!

I must be blind lol.

Sent from my Nokia 6310i

No post-race feedback from anyone???

Ya'll still alive?  :)

Finished my third one yesterday (50km route) - was tough as always and lekker wet!

Black mud in the swamp was something else... as always.

Overall a good day out.

Tough, Rocky, sticky black sh! And mud pools with lots of sideways slip sliding.

Was huge fun yes but that black stuff is ridiculous. Had a group of about 30 people forced to stop to pick mud out of derailleurs and frames who have completely seized packed by mud.

1st half wasn't too bad, just some big puddles and wet feet mostly, but on the Phambili side they had to use the vlei below the dam! Could have easily stayed on the far side after crossing the damn wall and avoided all the black gorilla snot, but no.  It must have been a warthog wallow of note by the end of the race, I got off lightly with a quick de-cake of black mud when it started picking up stones and forming concrete on my rear triangle on the far side.  Otherwise route marking etc was all good.

I went too hard the 1st half with my ego writing cheques my body couldn't cash, last 10km was brutal cramps and an empty tank.  

It was a tough ride, especially the kilometres of energy-sapping black slime on the other side of the river. Still stupid enough to do again though! :rolleyes:

Archived