Cycling kit polls

Gavster229

Kit choice  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which kit would you prefer?

• Top end, extremely well designed from local brand
    • Brand named kits e.g: Giant, Specialized etc.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

personally i prefer to pay the little extra and get the better quality and the service...i see it in the bibs i am using at present...assos...fox...first ascent. 

assos service was what i expected for the price i paid...an email to them explaining my situation...new bib delivered to my door...there was nothing wrong with the fabric...just a bunching issue in the high mileage chamois.

fox...they did replace the bib without an issue...however it was a quality issue with the stitching.

first ascent...no complaints about the quality...i got what i paid for the bib...they are now worn out and ready to be replaced...i need to decide what to replace them with...i might just get a cheapie pair again for using on the trainer. 

Thanks for the feedback. The service side will be the core of the business! its why we decided to go local. We have more control and faster delivery. We have no control if it was made say in China and how long would the client wait if there was a return or problem that needed to be replaced. Not acceptable when paying a premium price in my opinion!. 

A whole thread and no pictures of kit. 

Going to solve that! 

attachicon.gifAaron bike shoot DNA Photographers 3.jpg

attachicon.gifAaron bike shoot DNA Photographers 23.jpg

attachicon.gifAaron bike shoot DNA Photographers 36.jpg

Photos: Desmond Louw - DNA photographers

#Volvo #Bikehub #USN #Ciovita #VersusSocks

LOL I was just wondering how long it would take you to "show off"

IF the stuff is on par with the other European brands then I would buy local. BUT in all honesty if I was in the market for example a R1500 pair of bibs and I was comparing a local brand to a foreign brand and the quality was the same I would ask why isn't the local brand cheaper. For the same quality I would expect the local brand to be cheaper. I have paid R1200 for a pair of local bibs and they are only ok. I won't buy them again for that price because their quality is lower than some pairs of European bibs that cost about the same.

Each time I see a Pyga price, I think that too, but in truth, that seems to be a premium product. I've not ridden one because I can't afford to HAVE to afford one  :mellow:

If all things are equal, why shouldn't the prices be the same?

Busy riding those awesome peninsula roads and posting pics to instagram for joburgers like myself to get all jealous. How nice of you :thumbup:

Just making sure the roads are ready for you okes come March! The kalk bay pump track is a little interesting at the moment. Hopefully the final layer of tar goes on by March!

Just making sure the roads are ready for you okes come March! The kalk bay pump track is a little interesting at the moment. Hopefully the final layer of tar goes on by March!

Come say Howzit at the cycle tour expo... I'll have a set of kit to put yours to shame  ;)

I hope they will sort that out too. Will be chaos for the cycle tour if its not !

Come say Howzit at the cycle tour expo... I'll have a set of kit to put yours to shame  ;)

Haha, I can see this blowing up into one massive slugfest  :D

You have our new 2017 kit? :P

I'm working on something  :thumbup: 

To the OP, good luck with your endeavor - kit can certainly be made to top international standards here in SA. The challenge you will find, is changing the South African mentality that foreign is always better. PS: Please don't become Rapha wannabe clone vol:46  ;)