[Event] Western Cape XCO Series 2017 XCO#1 Slanghoek

Morne Veer

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a ladies team so maybe a junior team is on the cards. If we get a lekker sponsor on board we can even try and emulate the Team Genasys vibe. 

Great stuff. Even just for the idea that he can be part of a team. Right now he is on his own, and although some of his mates also races, most of them or part of teams in some way or another. He is now at that age where he need to learn to ride for a team, instead of just on his own.

Edited by Moridin

Great stuff. Even just for the idea that he can be part of a team. Right now he is on his own, and although some of his mates also races, most of them or part of teams in some way or another. He is now at that age where he need to learn to ride for a team, instead of just on his own.

Will follow up soon.

We have a ladies team so maybe a junior team is on the cards. If we get a lekker sponsor on board we can even try and emulate the Team Genasys vibe.

Does one just ask to join Team Savage or is there a process? ????

One doesn't simply 'join' Pure Savage... Great bunch of guys - fast, committed and wicked humours. I think the key word is fast but then I'm not quite sure why I'm in the team...

Edited by Aaron_B

Does one just ask to join Team Savage or is there a process?

To get into the racing DC teams there is a process. To ride in the kit, just cash dollar :P 

As Aaron said, being fast helps and enjoying puns helps a lot!

Talking about MTB Teams, few out there that can compete (on various levels) with these boys :

You mean other than those mtb boys in the orange kit that kick their butts in the DC every year...

You mean other than those mtb boys in the orange kit that kick their butts in the DC every year...

WAIT, do you ride for Gemeni!! 

WAIT, do you ride for Gemeni!! 

I train with them but I'm too slow to make the team  :whistling:

(but I also have a moral dilemma with doing DC on a mtb - I'll make that my official excuse)

Edited by Skubarra

You will notice I referred to "all levels", I have it on good authority that many of Team Gemini can not ride down (or up) pavements, and that all of their members envy the team spirit and fun factor of the yellow train - some even painted their homes yellow in the past ! 

You will notice I referred to "all levels", I have it on good authority that many of Team Gemini can not ride down (or up) pavements, and that all of their members envy the team spirit and fun factor of the yellow train - some even painted their homes yellow in the past ! 

We have heard rumours that the team spirit & fun factors are real good at the back of the field. Maybe Team Gemini must do a second lap next year so that they can see the yellow team in action! (and get a few pavement hopping lessons) 

We have heard rumours that the team spirit & fun factors are real good at the back of the field. Maybe Team Gemini must do a second lap next year so that they can see the yellow team in action! (and get a few pavement hopping lessons) 

Yoh you MTBers :P

Think Rawson were beaten by 5min in 2015 and that's because they all stopped at the top of Tradouw to fix one of the rider's bikes... Think about that for moment. That said the Gemeni guys are awesome men - I know Neil personally and we've ridden many times together.