Help!!! What to buy for a noob?

GuyKilfoil

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Plus Tuned is 650b only?

The plus size wheels and tyres are about the same circumference as normal niner wheels and tyres, so it comes standard as 650b plus. Doesn't mean you can't swap the plus wheels out for normals...

The plus size wheels and tyres are about the same circumference as normal niner wheels and tyres, so it comes standard as 650b plus. Doesn't mean you can't swap the plus wheels out for normals...

Reviews sound amazing but looks like Cycle Lab the only place stocking the Plus Tuned and only the 710 = R77k. Not happening!! ????????

Im a huge advocate for plus wheels! Been on Spez Fuse for a few months and absolutely love it! Like Myles has said the benefits are massive! 

I still love my 29er but I run 2.4 and 2.35 on anyway! 

See if another dealer can't get you a test ride on the plus dually! You'll be sold instantly!

Sorry, finger trouble! 120mm travel, almost full XT plus dropper for R10k less all-in. And looks pretty good in matte grey:

I tried the 920 yesterday at the demo day, first thing I felt was the stiffness of the whole bike , wheels ,fork everything felt so much better/stiffer than my Anthem. R65k for 920(2x11), R59k for 930(1x11). What price were you quoted for the 940?

I tried the 920 yesterday at the demo day, first thing I felt was the stiffness of the whole bike , wheels ,fork everything felt so much better/stiffer than my Anthem. R65k for 920(2x11), R59k for 930(1x11). What price were you quoted for the 940?

Bike is R46k with a small friends and family (12.5%) discount. Mom's cousin has a LBS. So just over R40k for 2 x 11

Reviews sound amazing but looks like Cycle Lab the only place stocking the Plus Tuned and only the 710 = R77k. Not happening!!

I have a Stumpy plus, I love the plus tyres - but at the end of the day I bought a second 29er wheelset with normal tyres too so I can swap between the two for different types of riding.

If I am not mistaken the new Scott's all have boost spacing, so that means if you a buy a 29er Spark you can at any point in time buy a second 27.5 wheelset with plus tyres. I would probably say if I could choose only one wheelset I would choose the 29er with normal tyres, so I think buying the Spark with 29er is the right option - then at a later stage if you want to, get the extra 27.5 plus wheelset.

As for the new Scott Spark - I love them! Really awesome bikes, and good value for money!

Of the 2 the giant is the better option, but Compared to the Scott, no and no. Geometry is very different and you'll be aboard a more capable bike than both options listed.

Doooooo eeeeeet

And just had a message from Concept Cyclery Melrose. They've found me an aluminium Camber Comp!!!! Don't know what the price is yet!! Aaaaaargh!!!!! Decisions, decisions!!!

And just had a message from Concept Cyclery Melrose. They've found me an aluminium Camber Comp!!!! Don't know what the price is yet!! Aaaaaargh!!!!! Decisions, decisions!!!

Dude. If it fits your budget then go for it. Very little between the Scott and the spaz. I think the Scott would edge it in spec, but depending on the price difference it may not be worth it.

Just ensure that it's an XL.

Dude. If it fits your budget then go for it. Very little between the Scott and the spaz. I think the Scott would edge it in spec, but depending on the price difference it may not be worth it.

Just ensure that it's an XL.

Even if it's full retail it'll be about R4k cheaper than the best price I can get on the Scott. R37600 for the Camber Comp (alloy) at full pop.

Archived