How much is my Morewood shova lt worth

Mongooser

Im trying to sell my 09 morewood shova lt for 10k not getting intrest, so am I charging to much?any idea how much it's worth?im not sure of its value, I'll link the specs . the bike isn't Dinged up its still pretty mint.this photo should give you an idea of it's condition46b916660f0143229381f3c591e5fc4b.jpg

Edited by mongooser

Bought new, in 2009, for R10k?

it was second hand,got it last year as a frame,it was a build project,the frame was literally brand new tho

if you break down the bike as built, and calculate what the second hand real sale value would be, use that as a checks and balance RE your pricing

Buyers market for downhill bikes I'm afraid.

There's an izumi going for just over 6k. Also a medium. So any potential shoppers have an option for a relatively similar bike for much less. Ad's still up though. But its only been a week.

Point is. There just aren't many downhillers looking.

If anyone shows interest. Be willing to negotiate.

You'll never get back what you paid for any bike.

Keep it as a collectors item  :whistling:

After you switch the rotors around. :ph34r:

I was going to say its not selling cause of the brake setup.

There's an izumi going for just over 6k. Also a medium. So any potential shoppers have an option for a relatively similar bike for much less. Ad's still up though. But its only been a week.

^What skollie said^

The 2nd hand DH/FR bike market is pretty niche in SA, so don't expect potential buyers to be scrambling over one another to make an offer.

If you need to sell the bike to finance another bike, you might need to be a bit patient. Even splitting the bike up won't guarantee a quick sale.

So i should drop it to 8k?im sort of desperate to get rid of it so I can get my upgrade

So i should drop it to 8k?im sort of desperate to get rid of it so I can get my upgrade

A lower price makes any purchase more appealing. But you still need a buyer who's looking. If you go low enough any would be downhiller might think about buying it. 

To be realistic though even if you drop it to 5k there's no guarantee they'll be lining up.  

I get the itch to upgrade. We can all relate to that. But is there any reason why you want to change bikes? I'd just ride the thing while I save up for the next bike. You'll never really be satisfied. You'll never have exactly what you want. And even when you think you do you'll always see something better. Its a bottomless pit. If you're not careful you could end up spending your last dime chasing better things when what you had to begin with was probably fine all along. 

Mmh. As I'm typing this I'm realizing how much I need to heed my own advice.