Register your Santa Cruz

News bot

I was just wondering does my secondhand SC qualify for this registration or just new bikes? ( my understanding is that it does not qualify)

We want ALL Santa Cruz customers to register!

FAQ:
  • What happens if I'm not the first owner?
    • We want to encourage every Santa Cruz owner to register their frame online, regardless of whether they are the first owner or not. The warranty is only valid for the first owner, however we will assess and assist every claim that is raised on a registered frame, and our intention is to assist and support ALL Santa Cruz owners.

So, what you need to do is create a word doc that gives a basic explanation of how / where and when you purchased your bike, and then follow the regular registration process and use this word doc as the file you upload as your proof of purchase / receipt.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just wondering does my secondhand SC qualify for this registration or just new bikes? ( my understanding is that it does not qualify)

Thats not the worst of them I'm afraid... but thanks for the effort!

I am thinking of getting a double suss tallboy. Most of my riding is marathon type stuff. Not too worried about trail performance - just comfort on long days on gravel roads. The Tallboy has a horizontal back shock setup so I have two questions. Is the geometry comfortable and is the pedal stroke efficient - I have heard the vertical shock setup - like the Giant maestro has less peddle bob.

Can anyone verify?

Tallboy pedal bob is not an issue if you buy a frame with the original oe shock and keep it properly maintained.

My LTc came with a Fox Factory CTD shock. Works exactly as it says on the tin if you keep it serviced. Practically locked out in Climb mode but still compliant over harsh bumps.

Don't forget it has VPP suspension links . Chain tension caused by pedalling works against suspension movement by tucking the lower link up against the bb.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by JXV

I am thinking of getting a double suss tallboy. Most of my riding is marathon type stuff. Not too worried about trail performance - just comfort on long days on gravel roads. The Tallboy has a horizontal back shock setup so I have two questions. Is the geometry comfortable and is the pedal stroke efficient - I have heard the vertical shock setup - like the Giant maestro has less peddle bob.

Can anyone verify?

One day... and this is not the forum for it, we will go into an explanation on suspension designs and their benefits. There are some pretty common misconceptions out there and "false" truths about various bikes and designs. The orientation of the shock has little to no impact on the pedaling, breaking or bump absorbing performance of the bike. The engineering and mechanics is a far more complex explanation, but needs to take into account the instant centre, chain torque, rider centre of gravity etc. Long and short in respect to Santa Cruz, is that the suspension design uses what is called a virtual pivot which is created as a result of the counter rotating links, one of which is also used to drive the shock. The orientation of the shock has zero effect on the suspension efficiency as this is determined by the linkage.

Can anyone verify?

Just buy the bike, the Tallboy is the best bike I've ever owned ( and I've owned many)

Only applicable to bikes bought in RSA??

We represent Santa Cruz irrespective of where they were purchased ;) So yes, still applicable.

We represent Santa Cruz irrespective of where they were purchased ;) So yes, still applicable.

i registered my frame when i bought it in 2015, this was obviously done on the international site as SC in SA was not really an entity. will i receive invites to the owners club events etc as well?

sorry forgot to mention, it was bought in SA through the agents at the time.

Edited by Cruz Addict

i registered my frame when i bought it in 2015, this was obviously done on the international site as SC in SA was not really an entity. will i receive invites to the owners club events etc as well?

sorry forgot to mention, it was bought in SA through the agents at the time.

Can you DM me your email address and I'll ask the friendly Santa Cruz folk in the US to assign your details to my profile?

Hi

i don`t see the Blur in the drop down list of models. what now?

Hi Phenning

The official answer is that owners are supposed to register their bikes within 90 days of purchase... the Blur has not been manufactured for some time, and thus does not appear on the list. Additionally, its also part of the "Frames purchased prior to May 1, 2015 will be covered under the previously existing 5 year warranty. Warranties do not cover custom finishes."

That being said, from our side, registration has never really been promoted in the SA market so its a new thing for a lot of Santa Cruz and Juliana owners. We are wanting to collect ALL Santa Cruz and Juliana owner info so that we can streamline and review service, make the correct spares available, and have a database of owners who we can include (if they opt in) in event invites such as demo days, owner rides etc.

I've sent an email to the digital department at Santa Cruz regarding your particular situation. I can't promise a swift answer, but I will update when I can as I am sure you will not be the first with this question. In the mean-time, if you want to be added to our Santa Cruz database, I can add your details manually. Just pop me a DM and I will advise.