Spez power comp saddle breakages

Gregc

Anyone else had issues with the rail coming loose where it goes into the seat. This is the second time its happened. The first seat was replaced under warranty eventually after stock came in.

The rail is glued into the saddle. It happened to one of my phenom saddles as well, but its to much of a mission to take it back, I just glued it again.

Anyone else had issues with the rail coming loose where it goes into the seat. This is the second time its happened. The first seat was replaced under warranty eventually after stock came in.

I've had it happen on Spez Phenom saddles 3 times. The shop I deal with assured me I'm the only one who's had the problem - Clearly that's not the case! Eventually got sick and tired of constantly having to fight with the shop for a warrantly claim and bought a Power comp. So far so good, but a little concerned after reading your post!!

Shop said they have had 3 or 4 come in. Very helpful. Fortunately they also have stock of a 155mm...

The rail is glued into the saddle. It happened to one of my phenom saddles as well, but its to much of a mission to take it back, I just glued it again.

Which glue did you use?

Which glue did you use?

Just what I had in the house, pratley steel. But rather try superglue first, Its not that thick so it will go into the saddle section a bit easier.

Had something similar happen to a Romin Evo.

The glue didn't break, but the rails clearly weren't secured properly at the nose. Developed the most insane squeak within 2 weeks. Also replaced under warranty.

Got around 500 km on my Power Comp. So far so good. Will see how it lasts. I'll just keep exchanging it should it come apart/break. Great saddle.

Just what I had in the house, pratley steel. But rather try superglue first, Its not that thick so it will go into the saddle section a bit easier.

I tried super glue on a Phenom gel this happened to - not up to the task. I think it happens to saddles with a large cut away  - the saddle base flexes so much the glue join cracks. 

Kudos to Specialized Concept Store in Stellenbosch. Changed the seat with no hassles. Even refitted the new seat

Archived