[Event] The 36ONE MTB Challenge

Dryland Event Management

How are the conditions in Meiringspoort? Will be able toe get through?

Then, more importantly, what does Rooiberg look like?

I assume you are you referring about driving through there? Cause the actually mtb challenge 360 route doesnt go through Meiringspoort. If the former, according to the news article the road should be open for traffic already.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume you are you referring about driving through there? Yes, driving through there on Thursday.

Cause the actually mtb challenge 360 route doesnt go through Meiringspoort. I know, but it goes over Rooiberg and that might have some damage on the downhill...

If the former, according to the news article the road should be open for traffic already. Good to know, thanks...

I assume you are you referring about driving through there? Yes, driving through there on Thursday.

Cause the actually mtb challenge 360 route doesnt go through Meiringspoort. I know, but it goes over Rooiberg and that might have some damage on the downhill...

If the former, according to the news article the road should be open for traffic already. Good to know, thanks...

Coolio.

Re, Rooiberg mates of mine rode it 2 weeks ago & they said it was Roff compared to last year!! Not entirely sure if the rains from Sunday past caused additional damage, I guess the organisers will do a final recce of the route sometime next week & give the final say.

Coolio.

Re, Rooiberg mates of mine rode it 2 weeks ago & they said it was Roff compared to last year!! Not entirely sure if the rains from Sunday past caused additional damage, I guess the organisers will do a final recce of the route sometime next week & give the final say.

Three years ago the descent was super dodgy - I remember people walking down the pass. I doubt it will be that bad again.

Anybody got the full course on GPS. My Garmin missed about an hour during my last ride and I would like to get the full rout on my Garmin

Anybody got the full course on GPS. My Garmin missed about an hour during my last ride and I would like to get the full rout on my Garmin

Is the course well marked or are there marshals at key turns? 

Is the course well marked or are there marshals at key turns?

well marked, last year I went through a spell with no lights & had no issues of getting lost at anytime.

Howzit guys, I am looking to find people to join up to make a slow bus. 18 to 20 kph moving speed average and with strict water point and feed zone time management we can easily do 22 to 24 hrs total.

We will start off slow and keep it that way hopefully upping the pace from the last feed zone.

I am way unfit but if I keep to the plan it is doable.

Any takers?

Hi

Some advice on the water points please.

What can one expect to find?

- Solid food. I understand there will be food at CPs..

- To take along to next WP? Energy bars, gels, fruit, food, etc?

Trying to work out of I need to take anything else/put in boxes wrt food or if whats at the WP will be sufficient?

Many thanks

Edited by Trackz

Do not take a lot of extra food,the main checkpoints have boerie rolls,sosaties ,rusks.tea koffie .There is more than enough,the waterpoints are also well stocked .

This is a super well organized race.

Dick,last year we started right at the back of the field the pace was super chilled,,big bunches all chatting,this race only starts after 200k when everyone goes into their own little zone.

remember clear glasses its super dusty in the bunch

Sorry, I haven't been following this discussion.

Is there anyone who can help Philip on Twitter with a GPX file?

The event organizers appear to think that someone here is sharing the GPX file  ;)