2017 Abu Dhabi Tour 23-26 Feb

Cav'

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kittel is the only rider at the Abu Dhabi Tour using disc brakes, which were reintroduced to the professional peloton on a re-trial basis this season after the original 2016 trial was halted when Fran Ventoso suffered a gash to his leg.

One condition of the reintroduction of disc brakes was that the rotors would be rounded to remove sharp edges, and Kittel was indeed using rounded Shimano rotors, having previously insisted he wouldn’t use the technology otherwise.

Cyclingnews

Kittel's disc brake 1 - Doull's foot and [emoji151] 0

[emoji848]

Little cry baby Doull was three bike lengths behind Kittel from the helicopter shot... also it's been proven that the cut was from him hitting the barrier feet hence the rust on the shoe.

We can all relax, discs are not here to murder anyone....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little cry baby Doull was three bike lengths behind Kittel from the helicopter shot... also it's been proven that the cut was from him hitting the barrier feet hence the rust on the shoe.

I would rather keep this for Mtb's and Cyclo, what is the next money making scheme? Adding fairings to bike's like in the 80's?

Watched an interview with him

He was very upset

Shame ????

Hopefully the UCI bureaucrats don't panic and put in another temporary ban so they can make the rotors more 'blunt' or something despite whatever 'evidence' there is that it is highly unlikely that it was a disc break ....

I understand the concern of riders, and the general fight against inevitable change that is the human way, but are our cassettes not just as dangerous in a crash as a disc brake? Logic tell me that a rounded disc would be less dangerous than a similar sized disc with many little sharp teeth on them?

I get the position at the front is a new thing and riders are afraid of being sliced up from behind, but surely its not the most dangerous part on a bike when it comes to a crash?

Archived