Help with new saddle

ABrooks

Hi Hubbers

I am looking for a new saddle, my current one came with the bike and it becomes really uncomfortable after about 30km.

I saw this Selle Italia Q-bik on the Evobikes sale.

https://www.evobikes.co.za/components/saddles/selle-italia-q-bik-black.html

Does anyone have this saddle and what is your opinion on it? Also what saddle would you guys recommend as a good comfortable saddle for longer rides. I'm riding a hardtail if it is relevant.

Thank you

Different saddles for different people. I really like the Fizik Gobi.

You'll want to take your bike to a store and put a couple on and try different styles.

get your sit bones measured and buy the correct saddle for your bottom...

Dont forget, good quality bibs also make a difference.

The correct answer is to have your arse bones measured and buy a saddle accordingly. 

Personally I just tried a few until I found one that worked. I found the Fizik Gobi to be comfortable, however at that time the price scared me off a bit. I then went with the Rapide saddle, which I find equal in comfort at 20% of the price!

IMHO, it's the most important thing to get right on your bike. Get it wrong, and it could be the thing that makes you cry the most.

Do what it takes to get it right.

Thanks for all the feedback. I had it measured a while back so now I only have to find a saddle in the right price range...

I think I'll go to my lbs to try out a few as Vecraig mentioned.

The correct answer is to have your arse bones measured and buy a saddle accordingly. 

Personally I just tried a few until I found one that worked. I found the Fizik Gobi to be comfortable, however at that time the price scared me off a bit. I then went with the Rapide saddle, which I find equal in comfort at 20% of the price!

How durable was the Rapide saddle?

Hi Hubbers

I am looking for a new saddle, my current one came with the bike and it becomes really uncomfortable after about 30km.

I saw this Selle Italia Q-bik on the Evobikes sale.

https://www.evobikes.co.za/components/saddles/selle-italia-q-bik-black.html

Does anyone have this saddle and what is your opinion on it? Also what saddle would you guys recommend as a good comfortable saddle for longer rides. I'm riding a hardtail if it is relevant.

Thank you

That q-bik is the worst thing I have ever sat on. I think I would rather sit on the seatpost sans saddle, would probably be more comfortable.

If you like the arione/gobi then the rapide saddle is every bit as comfy for a fraction of the price.

I have had mine on my last two mtb's for the last 5 odd years and while its getting long in the tooth now, its cheap enough to replace 3 of those for the same price as some other brands.

Just a quick question. Does the hole in the middle of the saddle do anything for comfort, or is it just a weight saving thing? I'm looking at the Specialized Power saddle as I get a lot of pressure in a certain area which would in my opinion lie down right in that slot/hole... If you know what I mean.

Different saddles for different people. I really like the Fizik Gobi.

You'll want to take your bike to a store and put a couple on and try different styles.

Fizzik Gobi is a great saddle, but find that they break after a year on the wings. I have had 2 (maybe it my fat ass) . I do mostly trail and enduro riding . Hope this helps.

Saddles are a personal thing, best to go and try one out before buying.

Thanks for all the feedback. I had it measured a while back so now I only have to find a saddle in the right price range...

I think I'll go to my lbs to try out a few as Vecraig mentioned.

Spend a bit more and get the Selle Italia Flite Flow Saddle with Ti rails.

Chain reaction always have them for a good price.

Have them on both my bikes, spent 7hours in the saddle on Saturday with no issues.

Mine's going on it's 2nd year now with no issues. Also at the price if you replace it every 3 years it shouldn't be an issue. Keep in mind that most saddles to tend to wear thin after a few years as the material inside collapse.

I have the Q-Bik, binned it this weekend.

I bought a Funn Launch II off Origin Cyclery, and spent 117km on it Sunday. My legs packed in, not my bum. Was only R469. It's 143mm

Like mention above a seat is really something very personal. 

What works for 1 person doesn't necessary means it will work for you. 

I personally had tested about 5 seats before finding the right one. 

The most part of purchasing a seat to finding the correct size (eg: 143/155). 

Secondly, a good idea would is to have a bike fit. 

Archived