[Event] Subaru Cape Town Western Cape XCO #3 - Bloemendal Wine Estate

Morne Veer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morne, if we want to practice the course, is it the same basic layout as the May 2016 race?

Hey Dono

I made the same inquiry, but just bare in mind that the 2016 xco route used small sections that is not open any other time except for the event but majority should be the same layout. The sections that is closed off for riding will be clearly marked with "no-cycling" signs.

When do you plan to go ride, i could perhaps link up with you?

From what I understand, the role players met at Bloemendal yesterday - I would imagine that the course will incorporate most of the same route / trail used last year.

As said per M above, the route will include sections which is not permitted to ride on any other day - official practice day and race day only. 

Looking forward to another suffer session !! 

Thanks guys. So what you are saying is that as an XC rider I can ride where I like without paying this weekend? 

:)

Malcolm, I am going through on Sunday for an hour or so. I will message you on Saturday to confirm times. Very chilled pace though.

Thanks guys. So what you are saying is that as an XC rider I can ride where I like without paying this weekend? 

Malcolm, I am going through on Sunday for an hour or so. I will message you on Saturday to confirm times. Very chilled pace though.

Cool Beans

....please in much detail, short of supplying Sports Science data, explain what your very chilled pace would be - I might just invite myself along. I am prepared to buy coffee, if we can remain in sub 80 % zones !

....please in much detail, short of supplying Sports Science data, explain what your very chilled pace would be - I might just invite myself along. I am prepared to buy coffee, if we can remain in sub 80 % zones !

:lol:

Take it this way, I am supposed to be off and not riding on Sunday, so super chilled. Sub 200Watts in SISA terms.

Please do join, I would like to do three of four slow loops, just to learn the downhill again, as slow as possible, you know, cause I always crash.

I've just entered myself for some sadomasochistic fun in Sub-Vets.

And seeing as Series entry is mandatory,I will probably do the other two as well. 

The last XCO i raced was in was in 2006. 

Oh well, in for a penny, in for a pound. 

Goon on ya  !!

Don't know what things were like back in the day of V-brakes, but can assure you things are run very professionally and the events are of high quality, in all departments. Spread the word, and get your family / friends to join for the day......perhaps even abuse them to hand you some rooi-ambulansies (#cola) at the feeding zones !

Goon on ya !!

Don't know what things were like back in the day of V-brakes, but can assure you things are run very professionally and the events are of high quality, in all departments. Spread the word, and get your family / friends to join for the day......perhaps even abuse them to hand you some rooi-ambulansies (#cola) at the feeding zones !

I've already worked out the code sign for my wife for when she needs to get the rooi-ambulansie ready. I think that 5th lap will be code red in the pain cave.

It's from cheering on my friends and mentee that my race itch has been growing. So now I pulled the trigger.

I've just entered myself for some sadomasochistic fun in Sub-Vets.

And seeing as Series entry is mandatory,I will probably do the other two as well.

The last XCO i raced was in was in 2006.

Oh well, in for a penny, in for a pound.

lekker man, welcome to the stables

By all accounts, it should be another cracker of an event !  

After what we have seen this week at the Cape Epic, we should all be stage-race fit, after this xco series   :whistling: