Accommodation very close to Tranquilitas

mms206

Hi all

Looking to do a weekend MTB getaway and ride the trails at Tranquilitas in June. Does anyone know of accommodation (self catering chalets) very close by to the Tranquilitas trails besides in Tranquilitas itself? Just looking at options. Tried to search other forums but doesn't seem to be any specific places.

Also, any gpx files for the trails or are they very well marked that there shouldn't be an issue?

Thanks!

Trails were VERY well marked last year, when i was there last. AWESOME place to ride.

If you come in from Belfast side, please note that there are 2 roads from the Slaaihoek road and the one that runs past the trout farm is SCREWED and impassible in a normal vehicle.

The road closest to belfast side is gravel and in an ok condition.

Give Rock 'n Rope a call on 0132570363. They have various accommodation options in town at good rates. Nice ride from town to Tranquilitas as well, including the Rim single track.

Edited by henningvr

If you are a big group of people, the best place to stay by far is the Tranquilitas farm house.

Absolutely. It is situated on the other side of the road from the camp site, and the trails are literally at your doorstep.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, sorry for late reply, been offline. Thanks for all the suggestions, will check them out. Was just looking at options in case the chalets at tranquilitas, think there were only 4, are all booked out when we decide a on an actual date. Cheers!

We spend 4 days at Tranquilitas over the long-weekend 2 weeks ago and loved every moment of it.  The trails are very well marked and easy to combine the options if you don't want to stick to one route.  

We stayed in the Perma Tents and it was clean, comfortable and affordable.  The ablution blocks were equally clean and had hot water anytime of the day.

Keep in mind if you stay in Boven and want to ride up to Tranquilitas that it is a 7km climb that would be a challenge for any level of rider.  Stick to the Rim if you can; the views are spectacular.

Keep in mind if you stay in Boven and want to ride up to Tranquilitas that it is a 7km climb that would be a challenge for any level of rider.  Stick to the Rim if you can; the views are spectacular.

I live in Boven, and ride up to Tranquilitas several times per week. Correct - if you stay in Boven and ride your bike up to the trails, hit the rim just after you pass the rubbish dump on your left. Views are indeed spectacular:

post-37016-0-93373400-1490902647_thumb.jpg