Help a Buffalo!

Wet Ears

Thank you for all the input guys, much appreciated.

Patchelicious will have a good laugh at this, my list has had somewhat of an overhaul. I went and chatted to some bike shop owners today and was steered away from the race snake type machines as per Rocket Boy's suggestions . So Cube was a no go due to limited travel and pivots not being great for my weight (this from a Cube stockist). Momsen Vipa also too race snakish for me (also from a Momsen stockist).

Chatted to Pyga stockist regarding a Pyga Stage/Max/Mini Max and minimum build would be in the 85k range so he also suggested SC.

So I went and tried out a SC Tallboy C and getting a final pricing today. Dipslick I will give a Client a call too - thanks for suggestion

In short looks like it's coming down to SC Tallboy C or Spez Camber - leaning towards the former.

Thanks again for all the help/comments. 

the SC TALL BOY you need not take the C

phone clint go to him and ask him to show you the difference and the difference in the costing, weigh it up and decide according to common sense and your wallet,,,

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have a close look at the Cube again. But check the HPC120 and not the AMC. Its quite a bit more comfy and warranty still in tact for 110kg. Price and component wise its a clever buy. 120mm travel and relaxed Geometry.

Mine has now done 300km since I bought it end of Feb and I'm loving it. Had a Merida Big Ninety nine dually prior to the Cube and I cracked the frame. Warranty did not work out as I bought it second hand.

Does Spez come with a lifetime warranty on the frame?

He'll need it with his 110kgs

Been riding Specialized carbon frames between 108 and 115 kgs for the past ten years and have yet to break one of them.

You want to enjoy your BIKE and many more rides after the Sani.

What do you like to ride? That is the weapon of choice!

If you want to play and have fun, get a trail orientated bike.

I think way to many riders are hellbent and stuck on a marathon/race bike/setup.

My 2c.

Awesome, I decide to go with Santa Cruz so tell stockist to send me invoive  - get a call back from stockist saying no stock so 3-4 week lag time - 2 other stockists confirmed this - bugger!

Awesome, I decide to go with Santa Cruz so tell stockist to send me invoive  - get a call back from stockist saying no stock so 3-4 week lag time - 2 other stockists confirmed this - bugger!

its worth the wait

its worth the wait

Problem is I do not have a bike in the interim (it was misappropriated) and I have Sani coming up - otherwise I would have no issues waiting!

Your hand me down is still going strong!

Ive taken it down some scary places at pace, its still in one piece and hasnt missed a beat

"At pace"?

Hey sonny, you don't know what pace is...

• 2 weeks later...

Did you end up buying something? I have decided to put my SC Tallboy 2 CC (size large) up for sale. It's got a great build. Haven't listed it on here yet, but let me know if you're interested.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought it only right to give an update considering the time taken by many to give advice. After some stellar service from the guys at Concept Cyclery Cedar I came very close to pulling the trigger on the Camber. I did however manage to test a Tallboy and ended up going with the Tallboy 3 C. Dipslick, I got it from Clint, thanks for the referral, he was fantastic, collected it today and will be riding it tomorrow. Enjoy the long weekend all!

Thought it only right to give an update considering the time taken by many to give advice. After some stellar service from the guys at Concept Cyclery Cedar I came very close to pulling the trigger on the Camber. I did however manage to test a Tallboy and ended up going with the Tallboy 3 C. Dipslick, I got it from Clint, thanks for the referral, he was fantastic, collected it today and will be riding it tomorrow. Enjoy the long weekend all!

You will not be sorry, Im trying not to anything negative because the green eyed jealousy monster is stirring deep within me!!!

Please post some pics when you get a chance, its a nice way to close a thread off and let us all drool a bit.

Glad to hear got my number 5or 6 last week ,,,you won't be disappointed

Archived