Amashova 2017

Duane_Bosch

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess I won't be riding Amashova this year. My right eye has gone very red and feels sore when I go outside. It could be my cholesterol playing up again, will check with the doctor after work today.

We are leaving for Umhlanga one Sunday, so have started the packing and luckily my Racetec chip caught my eye. It usually rattles so I remove it if it is not needed.

Just thought to remind everyone to pack your chip.

Take same insulation tape and wrap it around the plastic prongs you plug into the chip. Helps with the rattling.

Hey guys, does anyone know what the story with late entries is?

I'd be hoping to enter as a "non racing" MTB (1x10 gearing with knobblies gonna be a long ass day haha).

Will I need to buy a timing chip etc? Just trying to figure out how much it's going to cost as a last minute cruise?

Thanks in advance.

I know that they were putting in a cool little loop around the municipal offices and sports field.

Check with Giant Toti - they know about them.

Please PM me with feedback if you do come right - I'd like to check them out too sometime!

I am definitely riding this year (...after a long deliberation with the boss  :wacko:). I have not done this race before, and look forward to trying it out after the CTCT disappointment  :cursing:... 

Although the NSPCA is not entered as a charity in the Amashova, I will be riding to raise funds for them (as I do in all races I take part in  :))...

See you all on the route... Let's hope the weather holds  :thumbup:

I am definitely riding this year (...after a long deliberation with the boss  :wacko:). I have not done this race before, and look forward to trying it out after the CTCT disappointment  :cursing:... 

Although the NSPCA is not entered as a charity in the Amashova, I will be riding to raise funds for them (as I do in all races I take part in  :))...

See you all on the route... Let's hope the weather holds  :thumbup:

I think you'll enjoy it, weather dependent. I've only done one Argus, one Tour Durban, and a few Amashova's, and I rate the Shova as one of my favourites out of the three.

I think you'll enjoy it, weather dependent. I've only done one Argus, one Tour Durban, and a few Amashova's, and I rate the Shova as one of my favourites out of the three.

I also think I'll enjoy it  :clap: . I have done several 947's and CTCT's, but am steadily getting bored with them... Going to try our some of the other big(ger) races next year as well. Enjoy your race! :thumbup:

I also think I'll enjoy it  :clap: . I have done several 947's and CTCT's, but am steadily getting bored with them... Going to try our some of the other big(ger) races next year as well. Enjoy your race! :thumbup:

I won't be riding this year, see post #162 :ph34r: :whistling:

I'm quite bummed about it, but there's always next year.

Is there an Expo this year? Last year was a couple of random stalls squeezed in the smallest available space.

We dont have an expo this year, but we have booked one for 2018 at the Southern Sun Elangeni

This past Saturday we went for a 54km ride which included a portion of the M4 from Umhlanga to the Umdloti offramp and back, so you can see the current state of the road works.

Watch the video from about 48 minutes where we join the M4. The road works start at about 54 minutes. Excuse the poor quality of the video at this point, but we were riding into the sun!

You can see the road works in better light on our way back, at about 1 hr 12 minutes.

What device are you using to record this, awesome info and footage