Velo Crash 25/03

bertusras

I did not join the ride on Saturday.

4 in Hospital.

Jackie has broken ribs. So he'll be out of racing for a while. 

Janine has bleeding on the brain.  And loads of hurt in her face.  Went into surgery yesterday.  Don't have feedback from there.

My team mate, Pieter, has cracked ribs and the screws in his hand (from a crash previously) has came out.  So he'll have to go back in to get that repaired.

Lastly Elmarie was also heading to the doc on Saturday afternoon with severe head ache and dizziness.  Don't have feedback as yet on what the doc said.

Pretty bad crash.

One of the guys' chain came off and it was pretty much a domino effect.

Hope everyone heels up well.

Jis dis rof  :(  

And just last week whilst riding Velo I was thinking how fortunate the group has been because we have not had a big accident in a very long time.

Some of the riders involved has had a horrid time with crashes/injuries in the past year. If I remember correct it's less than a year ago when Jackie had that big crash on his way to Velo?  

Jis dis rof  :(  

And just last week whilst riding Velo I was thinking how fortunate the group has been because we have not had a big accident in a very long time.

Some of the riders involved has had a horrid time with crashes/injuries in the past year. If I remember correct it's less than a year ago when Jackie had that big crash on his way to Velo?  

Jip.  Think it was in Nov/Des.

So yes.....he is gatvol of the tar in his ass.  hehehehe

So is Pieter.  He had crashes in Sabie and Fast One (I think)

Jackie came off during the winter last year on the way to Velo.

Elmari is out of hospital. Pieter on his way back! Always knew he had a screw loose!!

Janine is stable and surgery was a success.