cyclist down?

Tumbleweed

wow, this post appears to be run by the gestapo, Not much democracy here.  Is Mugabe involved, any opinion differing from the party line is assasinated. 10 posts with some of the other members actually noting that they see some thread of interest and the guy gets flamed out, does not even get a chance to  explain his case.

Maybe the tech forum is more open minded........

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you guys got rid of a guy who got a bit robust with his first posts because he is new to the whole thing.  Then he gets every bit of life kicked out of him by every Hubber' date=' but still it is not enough.  His account gets suspended. 

So someone who could have been a new protagonist gets banished before he upsets our cosy warm and fuzzy world were we all agree and live ahppily ever after.  Give me strength...
[/quote']

agreed. and if he just kept on being stupid, we could have made more fun of himTongue 

Shame... poor guy... And I was still trying to reason with him... Wondered why I didn't get a response... LOL

why is this under "Rant 'n Rave"?Confused

Because it is cycling related.

there's always gotta be one that asks?

oi, pantani, now that you're a moderator, does that make you a style moderator? no new entries on pantani's book club? 

why is this under "Rant 'n Rave"?Confused

Because it is cycling related.

there's always gotta be one that asks?

oi' date=' pantani, now that you're a moderator, does that make you a style moderator? no new entries on pantani's book club? 
[/quote']

Hahahaha... Oddly enough I have started reading something since I got back from my holiday... However the title might cause an uproar in this forum.... Shocked

WOW! The hub is getting quite hectic these days... Maybe admin should post a "no opinions please" thread... Not sure what this dude did.... but quite hectic to get suspended after making 6 posts or whatever... oh well... How is being a moderator Pantani?

Hahahaha... Oddly enough I have started reading something since I got back from my holiday... However the title might cause an uproar in this forum.... Shocked

then what are you waiting for?LOLLOLLOL

can't you make the book club one of those "fixed" threads like "member;s pictures"?

i think its crazy he was just expressing an opinion, he should have chosen another topic to do it in tho!

I just came into town. Its pitch dark and raining, The robots is only flashing red and you cannot see 20meters ahead.

Guess what, ? A cyclist (in full BLACK KIT) is riding on the Boulevard (under the fly-over), There is no street lights, nothing.

Gosh, How stupid can you be? Is this his only way of transport? Do he leave his home this morning, kiss the kids while they sleep, say goodbye to his wife?

and just hope for the best?

Popeye, ek het vanoggend werk toe gery Bellville se kant toe.Dit reen nie daar in Blouberg, en ek het reen eers op Plattekloof weg gekry. Het nie gelyk na reen enigsins.Miskien het hy soortgelyke rede.

So you guys got rid of a guy who got a bit robust with his first posts because he is new to the whole thing.  Then he gets every bit of life kicked out of him by every Hubber' date=' but still it is not enough.  His account gets suspended. 

So someone who could have been a new protagonist gets banished before he upsets our cosy warm and fuzzy world were we all agree and live ahppily ever after.  Give me strength...
[/quote']

I agree with WH here.  What he said was offensive to most of the members and it was made clear. A lot of you guys kwow each other and in some of the posts in this thread it seems that you guys can decide whether posts should stay or not.  Always keep in mind that there are members on this forum only beause of the topics and they dont know any of the other members.   Let the moderators decide that on their own.  
L2climb2008-05-21 23:21:15

I just came into town. Its pitch dark and raining' date=' The robots is only flashing red and you cannot see 20meters ahead.

Guess what, ? A cyclist (in full BLACK KIT) is riding on the Boulevard (under the fly-over), There is no street lights, nothing.

Gosh, How stupid can you be? Is this his only way of transport? Do he leave his home this morning, kiss the kids while they sleep, say goodbye to his wife?

and just hope for the best?
[/quote']

yikes, that is dof! that is one of the problems with starting a thread like this. you never know the circumstances of the accident. i merely reported what i had heard on 702's new bulletin. but you never know if the cyclist was blindsided, shot a robot, or pulled out into traffic. who knows?

at the end of the day i think orenge might have been a little insensitive....the "cyclist down nerve" in all hubbers is a little sensitive and most of us dread these threads.  Once again I have only met one hubber personally (Ronelle) but we are all supporters of the same fantastic sport.  If we stand and stick together we can make a difference.  Maybe suspending oregne was a bit drastic....but so were his comments.   Hopefully we can welcome him back after a few days.  

Lets clear the air here! I reported agent orenge as the cyclist that was killed is (was) a family member.If anybody has a problem with that they can pm me and it can get sorted.Angry  Onetime2008-05-21 23:48:24

sorry to hear one time.....I guess we all understand then why he was suspended.  condolences and prayers to you all. Cry