Christofison

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching. But the highlights just don't have the same gees as live racing.

This. And they're too darn short. The highlights, at least. There needs to be a proper post-race highlights package. They had one last year where they put together like 20 - 25min episodes... that was kiff...

This. And they're too darn short. The highlights, at least. There needs to be a proper post-race highlights package. They had one last year where they put together like 20 - 25min episodes... that was kiff...

Feels like a magazine show if I'm honest. 

I remember somebody once gave some explanation why the races weren't streamed live.

What was it again?

Feels like a magazine show if I'm honest. 

I remember somebody once gave some explanation why the races weren't streamed live.

What was it again?

logistics, setting up multiple camera locations in multiple stages with different starting times... 

It'd be like DH, but more complex. I think a 45min long highlights package with OB footage and static cams would make GREAT viewing. 

logistics, setting up multiple camera locations in multiple stages with different starting times... 

It'd be like DH, but more complex. I think a 45min long highlights package with OB footage and static cams would make GREAT viewing. 

Bingo.

Saw the video pop-up in my YouTube feed and gave it a quick glance and misread the length as 40something minutes. Turns out to have only been 14 minutes. Was so disappointed.

They could easily make the videos anywhere between 30 minutes and an hour. Include an introduction, stages breakdown, footage from strategically placed cameras, interviews, ceremony, after-party and what-not.

The new presenter also doesn't have the same presence as ol' Richard Cunynghame and his floppy hair. Also, where was T-Mo? Isn't she also a co-presenter?

Edited by ØÐINSȪƝ

Agreed, the 14 minute "Full Highlights Show" was disappointing. Especially when you're expecting it to be better than last year, with the IMG media contract and the highlights supposed to have been aired on TV.

Anyway, it was good seeing some different guys on the podium. It will be interesting to see if they can hold on to it throughout the season or if Rude & Maes will make up for a bad round.

Round 2 is here:

Who do you guys have your money on?

Hard to call. Considering it is a shorter round and nice and dry, I think the usual suspects will be a safe bet.

Rude, Maes, Hill, Clementz, Oton will all have strong showings, I expect. Riders such as Callaghan and the Masters brothers might also do well.

For the ladies, it's going to be another clean sweep for Ravanel, with the rest of the ladies vying for the final two podium steps. Expect the Gerighs, Courdourier, Thoma, Brown and Winton to all do quite well. Also, keep your eyes peeled for Balanche.

hows ex stellie boy doing, Martin Zietsman didn't he go do this?

His name doesn't pop up in the Round 1 results.

hows ex stellie boy doing, Martin Zietsman didn't he go do this?

His name doesn't pop up in the Round 1 results.

He's in the UK, working at Bilstein and doing all the local UK Enduros and some european ones. He's not doing all the EWS ones as then he wouldn't be able to work...

Last one he did, he came 10th in his class. 

Some serious shaking up of the status quo in the EWS.

Looks like Adrian Dailly will be a force to be reckoned with this season. Rude hasn't found his pace just quite yet and Oton and Clementz are nowhere to be seen.

Hill and Callaghan are fast and consistent so far. If this carries on, it's going to be a three-way battle for the title between Dailly, Hill and Callaghan. 

Super stoked for Courdurier's first win. Outrode Ravanel, plain and simple.

Some serious shaking up of the status quo in the EWS.

Looks like Adrian Dailly will be a force to be reckoned with this season. Rude hasn't found his pace just quite yet and Oton and Clementz are nowhere to be seen.

Hill and Callaghan are fast and consistent so far. If this carries on, it's going to be a three-way battle for the title between Dailly, Hill and Callaghan. 

Super stoked for Courdurier's first win. Outrode Ravanel, plain and simple.

Ravanel had a crash that she couldn't recover from. A slight chink in her armour, but Cordurier has been there in 2nd place just waiting for a mistake.. 

I reckon Rude just needs to get his mind straight. That, or the others have had a MARKED increase in their off season training. Hill is just a monster...