I'm going Double-Up

Mrs Colonel

<hijack>

i might sell my one soon. hansom tandem, will be going for 2000. i'm in gauteng, not western cape

</hijack>

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrs C... you are just going to love the ride, and especially with MDK.... I don't think you could have found a better partnerEmbarrassed  May your ride be safe, and have fun.

Lots of advice have been posted, but just go for it.... I used to hold the bars sooooo tight, that if we fell, hopefully the bike would slow me down!!!!. Enjoy, and please update us all.

Thanks Pedal.  To say - I've always vowed that I'm 110% certain that riding tandem with my husband will almost certainly result in a divorce - is testament to the faith I have in mdk has my pilot.  Sorry Colonel, it's true.Hug

When we bought our tandem about two years ago a very wise man said : "It's either a relationship maker or a relationship breaker" It's sad but it's true (Sounds like a Queen song) Lukily for me and the wife it made us stronger and we got married soon afterwards. You'll enjou it very much. Two golden rules. Do not push to hard down on your handlebars if you sit at the back and do not attempt to stand if you haven't practiced it before the race. Enjoy !

Mrs C... you are just going to love the ride' date=' and especially with MDK.... I don't think you could have found a better partnerEmbarrassed  May your ride be safe, and have fun. Lots of advice have been posted, but just go for it.... I used to hold the bars sooooo tight, that if we fell, hopefully the bike would slow me down!!!!. Enjoy, and please update us all.[/quote'] Thanks Pedal - maybe I must get you on the back of the 555EXPRESS one day too.

MDK looked at the website again .... i really do hope to make the time to get it updated again ..

maybe get Mrs C to write an article on her experience ....???

When we bought our tandem about two years ago a very wise man said : "It's either a relationship maker or a relationship breaker" It's sad but it's true (Sounds like a Queen song) Lukily for me and the wife it made us stronger and we got married soon afterwards. You'll enjou it very much. Two golden rules. Do not push to hard down on your handlebars if you sit at the back and do not attempt to stand if you haven't practiced it before the race. Enjoy !

I asked a fellow cyclist once "where can I borrow a tandem for myself and my wife to try before we invest?" and his simple answer was "wat de moer is fout met jou, wil jy skei?" and that was the end of the conversation...LOL

MDK looked at the website again .... i really do hope to make the time to get it updated again .. maybe get Mrs C to write an article on her experience ....??? 
Gonna work on it this weekend and do the clean up next week. Thinking about making a special header called THE HUB AND TANDEM TOPICS and then post all the links about tandem topics,  like this one, in one spot.