Emperors help wanted in the alphabet soup

Sitting@89

Hi everyone looking to improve my seeding and would like to get some form of a bunch together to help share the work and benefit us all.

Would probably be starting somewhere around DL or EL and aiming for a 2h55-3h00 finish. Anyone keen please PM me so we can get a whatsapp group going to discuss where to meet up before the start 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone looking to improve my seeding and would like to get some form of a bunch together to help share the work and benefit us all.

Would probably be starting somewhere around DL or EL and aiming for a 2h55-3h00 finish. Anyone keen please PM me so we can get a whatsapp group going to discuss where to meet up before the start 

what was your time last year? I do not want to say yes and them I am the one holding the group back?

Just look at the average group times from last year then you know what to expect.

I would guess that start times will be out early next week so you can see from there.

Will be "easier" working in a big group instead of doing it with a handful of guys.

what was your time last year? I do not want to say yes and them I am the one holding the group back?

Did 3h11 last year but I am quite a bit lighter and stronger than I was then so barring any complications 3h should be quite doable

Just look at the average group times from last year then you know what to expect.

I would guess that start times will be out early next week so you can see from there.

Will be "easier" working in a big group instead of doing it with a handful of guys.

Big groups in DL and further down is only a handful of guys dragging the whole group/wheelsuckers anyway.

I think a group of six or so consciously working together to reach a predetermined goal would be significantly faster than the lead bunches in DL and onwards

Lies I am sure

I am not keen to risk falling at the moment at 45kmh in big springy bunches in VA yet, my clavicle has not yet fused and is full of holes. If I crash now, it will be big problems. Swartberg is more important to me.

As with R4V I will come join you guys on my MTB... Sub 3 on a MTB would be a lekker challenge and great Sberg100 training, and meeting some more of you guys is always a bonus!

Edited by Patchelicious

I am not keen to risk falling at the moment at 45kmh in big bunches in VA yet, by clavicle has not fused and is full of holes. If I crash now, it will be big problems. Swartberg is more important to me.

As with R4V I will come join you guys on my MTB... Sub 3 on a MTB would be a challenge and great Sberg100 training, and meeting some more of you guys is always a bonus!

Sweet!

I think I did about the same time, but I am still fat @88kg not sure if I can beat 3:00

88kg can in no realm of normal people be considered fat! Whole idea of this thread is that we work together to achieve better times sure you will be surprised at what you can do

Emperors Palace is fast and flat.

You are overthinking this race.

The bunch pretty much remains intact the whole way. Just get to the front to stay out of trouble. If you get dropped, than just form another group with those that got dropped with you, or latch onto the next bunch.

A sub 3 from DL or EL should not be an issue. 

As for being overweight, that should not be an issue in this race. There are very few hills that would separate the anorexics from the fatties. 

Edited by funjunkie

Stick with your bunch , around 50km there is that 'hill' to drop the 'heavies', make it over that hill with a group and sub 3 is yours.

I am actually using this as a final long training ride and test for Tour Durban, my thinking goes if I can do a 2h50 on this I might and it is a big might, get a sub 3 TD

Week after Emperors is two interval sessions and a tempo ride of 1h30 then tapering from wednesday

Edited by Sitting@89

I checked my time for last year was 3:11, with current seeding index on ASG of 33.44

Edited by Dexter-morgan