Compendium hill2hill

eccc whippet

100 km entered.

this is gona be a challenge...longest distance on a mtb is 45 km...hopefully the mileage on the road bike will help get me to the finish.

Pretty excited...I have always seen the 100 km hill2hill as a big deal.

Make sure you stop and get something to eat at the water points. Its worth the extra few minutes to give the legs a break. If its hot on the day make sure you drink enough fluid.

It really hurts from the Arc climb onwards. If you havent trained ride- it dont race it

I'm going to give it a miss this year. Have fun or its not worth it.

i have done the 45 km hill2hill...so i know all about that climb up next to the N3 to the watering hole and the arc climb...i am just going to try pace myself to get to the finish line...it will be another milestone in my cycling journey. 

Would have liked to have done the 45km this year, although my wife and I are expecting our bundle of joy, who could arrive any time between the long weekend and next week. To everyone riding the Hill 2 Hill this year, enjoy and have fun.

Doesnt seem to be much interest in the new hill2hill...it would be interesting to see the entry stats.

im not sure the timing is right...Easter weekend, lots of Durban people fly the coop.

Was also sad to see the moved the start, that first part was always fun.  

I'll do it again next year if it doesn't fall on Easter weekend again 

Also did it in 2015 and 2016, not this year though. I think they're hoping a lot of gauteng peeps on holiday in KZN over Easter will do the race. Will be interesting to hear if the numbers go op or down..

Ja that singletrack coming down worlds view was lekker. A bit early in the race though, so maybe that's why they took it out?

Also did it in 2015 and 2016, not this year though. I think they're hoping a lot of gauteng peeps on holiday in KZN over Easter will do the race. Will be interesting to hear if the numbers go op or down..

Ja that singletrack coming down worlds view was lekker. A bit early in the race though, so maybe that's why they took it out?

from reading their marketing it would seem they had a few emergency situations that were difficult to attend to and coupled with a request from the local metro police they looked for and found an alternative start venue. 

Doesnt seem to be much interest in the new hill2hill...it would be interesting to see the entry stats.

I think the announcement of the route has come too late.  They also have barely marketed possibly due to the uncertainty.  I think April is a tough moth but in theory better than the rainy season in September. 

I think the announcement of the route has come too late.  They also have barely marketed possibly due to the uncertainty.  I think April is a tough moth but in theory better than the rainy season in September. 

Also, in April you will always be at the mercy of Easter & the school holidays.

was one of my got to do TV races this year unfortunately scheduling put paid to that what other TV races are around in KZN imnin richards bay so where vs will be a trek maybe something at holla trails

Compendium have stuffed this race up completely by doing it over Easter and it's becoming like so many other races where big corporates take over and it's a big money making racket. A bunch of us that mainly do Enduro races normally do the 45km for fun but this year it's not happening with their timing.