Slx caliper failure

Oldtmr

Hi has any one seen this before. Was replaced under warranty immediately

9bdd995aded5f4e1111c1ed0e705f76d.jpg

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

post-100731-14919330677622.jpg

Yes my caliper did the same, however Shimano refused to warrenty it and they don't sell those pistons separately as replacements.

Yes my caliper did the same, however Shimano refused to warrenty it and they don't sell those pistons separately as replacements.

You should get Oldtmr's details and challenge Cool Heat as to why they warrantied his and not yours.

This is caused by the pistons pushing out at an angle - due to riding with a loose back wheel,manually spreading the pads at an angle and possibly with severe misalignment of the caliper. Not an uncommon problem with ceramic pistons as they are extremely brittle in comparison to their steel counterparts  

Maybe that is why the lbs replaced it when the bike went for its 1st service it was replaced in 2hr so they might have replaced it on their own accord without speaking to cool heat

This is caused by the pistons pushing out at an angle - due to riding with a loose back wheel,manually spreading the pads at an angle and possibly with severe misalignment of the caliper. Not an uncommon problem with ceramic pistons as they are extremely brittle in comparison to their steel counterparts  

That's the ONLY cause? #ekvramaarnet

You can get stainless ones machined locally if you want to - not sure that it would be economically justifiable- but it's easily done.

I might have old caliper with piston for you, it's yours if you still want