cross threaded the new pedal

nickick

I replaced the pedals on my Raleigh Grand Prix road bike and cross threaded one of them . can I take the pedal out and repair the thread some how or do I have to replace the crank . can I replace just the crank arm ? is this a part I can order somewhere ?

thanks in advance Nick

I agree ! A helicoil is the way to go. Depending on which crank arm you damaged ? You might find it difficult to get a left hand thread helicoil.

take the pedal out and try screw iI in from the other side...... I highly doubt you've managed to force it in cross threaded all the way..... if you screw it in from the other side,t will clean the threads and then take it out and fit it correctly from the correct side. ...and lock tight or your wife's favorable R400 nail varnish works like a charm.....

take the pedal out and try screw iI in from the other side...... I highly doubt you've managed to force it in cross threaded all the way..... if you screw it in from the other side,t will clean the threads and then take it out and fit it correctly from the correct side. ...and lock tight or your wife's favorable R400 nail varnish works like a charm.....

Golden Rule on any bicycle, if you can't turn it in by hand until torquing its cross threaded.

Very very true!!

I replaced the pedals on my Raleigh Grand Prix road bike and cross threaded one of them . can I take the pedal out and repair the thread some how or do I have to replace the crank . can I replace just the crank arm ? is this a part I can order somewhere ?

thanks in advance Nick

Judging by the time of this post, I would guess that you decided at the last minute to try this quick upgrade.

Rule #1 Never work on your bike when you're pissed. You end up doing stoooopid things that you'll end up regretting later (as you can see).

Rule #2 If it doesn't fit, doesn't mean applying more force or getting bigger tools.

Edited by King_Crispy