Derailleur compatability - Sunrace 11-46t

Lance Roberts

Hi everyone,

I'm currently running an 11 speed XT cassette (11-42t), with a XT rear derailleur doing the shifting. So far I have had no issues with not being able to get to the 42t gear.

I'm now thinking about getting a Sunrace 11-46t cassette and wanted to know if the derailleur will be able to handle the extra 4 teeth on the cassette?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

PS. I'm thinking about the Sunrace 11-46t because it seems to have better spacing between gears, especially the last two (40t - 46t). The XT 11-46t cassette has a very big jump (37-46t), I would much rather have a smoother transition to my granny gear.

Thanks

post-41665-0-92386800-1492515254_thumb.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which XT RD do you have? What length cage. 

Which part do I need to measure? I cant remember that far back to tell you what I bought, but it worked for the 42t so I was happy. Will see if I still have the box at home.

Which part do I need to measure? I cant remember that far back to tell you what I bought, but it worked for the 42t so I was happy. Will see if I still have the box at home.

The serial number will probably be stamped on the RD itself.....in the most difficult to access place.

Myles is referring to cage length:

attachicon.gifdownload.jpg

Ok cool, thanks for that. At first site I would say it's a long cage, but I'll check again tonight and make double sure.

Will the long cage be ok for 46T?

Medium or Long cage will work. Medium cage has a capacity of up to 39T, your SunRace cassette is only 35T (46T - 11T).

I have the same cassette with Shimano M8000 GS (Medium Cage) Derailleur.

Edit: I assume you are running 1x?

Edited by Carel de Villiers

Any long cage 11spd derailleur works with the 11-46t Sunrace, a very easy cassette to setup. I've set it up with SLX, XT, XX1, XO1, GX & NX without any challenges.

Medium or Long cage will work. Medium cage has a capacity of up to 39T, your SunRace cassette is only 35T (46T - 11T).

I have the same cassette with Shimano M8000 GS (Medium Cage) Derailleur.

Edit: I assume you are running 1x?

That's correct, I am running 1x.

attachicon.gifDSC_0720.JPGjust put this on the weekend. 11-50 works perfectly!!

Is that made by Sunrace? What are the gaps between gears like? Where did you get it?

Edited by Lance Roberts

Yeah id like to know as well. What cassette is that [emoji15]. 11-50?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk