2017 Sun City Ultra/Sprint

IceCreamMan

Got my program for this next week, and it's making me taper for an entire week for a Sprint. I put down Sun City as my B race for this season. Does not feel right in light of Durban coming up. 

And this week is recovery / test week. Feels like I am losing too much training. 

The way I understand it:

A - Peak Race

B - Result moderately important 

C - Training Race

D - Training Race with no taper

Edited by DA\/ID

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I understand it:

A - Peak Race

B - Result moderately important 

C - Training Race

D - Training Race with no taper

Yup - I understand the concept. Just thought the taper would maybe be two or three days. Not an entire week. For a Sprint... Think I am going to downgrade the result. 

my normal training is not nearly enough, so no need to taper.

I also feel like I don't deserve a taper. My training is around 10 hours a week, so it's still very light I think. 

Yup - I understand the concept. Just thought the taper would maybe be two or three days. Not an entire week. For a Sprint... Think I am going to downgrade the result. 

I also feel like I don't deserve a taper. My training is around 10 hours a week, so it's still very light I think. 

Are you with MPG?

Are you with MPG?

Yup. How were you able to figure that out? 

Jeeze. What I am going to do with myself for an entire week? Guess I will have to update my gaming PC... 

Edited by EmJayZA

Yup. How were you able to figure that out? 

Jeeze. What I am going to do with myself for an entire week? Guess I will have to update my gaming PC... 

I just signed up with them - "test week" gave it away  :)

I just signed up with them - "test week" gave it away  :)

Fantastic! Welcome to the Club! Maybe I see you out in the Cradle soon. 

Must say I love the program. Being new to triathlon, I would have gone way too hard, or not hard enough at all, and MPG seems to hit everything spot on. Even the pacing is razor sharp in terms of what I can achieve. Best decision I made tbh. 

Oh, be prepared to swim. A lot. I did 50 000m in 8 weeks (as a beginner). 

Edited by EmJayZA

A sprint should take you less than 2 hours to do. I would not taper that long for it but then I aint no fundi on the subject. If you training 10 hours a week that's excellent btw. maybe downgrade the event as you say and focus on Durban. I think this is a waste of a week (but as said I aint a fundi)

and go cycle :clap:

A sprint should take you less than 2 hours to do. I would not taper that long for it but then I aint no fundi on the subject. If you training 10 hours a week that's excellent btw. maybe downgrade the event as you say and focus on Durban. I think this is a waste of a week (but as said I aint a fundi)

and go cycle :clap:

That's the plan. Going to leave the office early and have my new saddle fitted today. Then tomorrow AM hitting the Cradle for a very chilled ride. Can't wait. 

Edited by EmJayZA

That's the plan. Going to leave the office early and have my new saddle fitted today. Then tomorrow AM hitting the Cradle for a very chilled ride. Can't wait. 

good stuff, will look out for you as I will be in the cradle tomorrow as well. Chap I know coming back from surgery so looking forward to a chilled ride too, literally and figuratively.

If you in the cradle tomorrow, watch out for the thousands of runners doing the Cradle 21.1km and 32km. Start/finish is at Makiti Wedding venue at 7am which is half way to the caves, the run is down and pass the lion park to a turn around point and then back to the finish.

That part of the cradle may well be a very chilled ride as you try to navigate passed the thousands of runners!!

good stuff, will look out for you as I will be in the cradle tomorrow as well. Chap I know coming back from surgery so looking forward to a chilled ride too, literally and figuratively.

Will be going through later, as I don't really feel like cycling in the cold. Will be there around 9. Plan on doing 90 minutes. 

Hopefully by 9 the hordes of runners will be thinner too. 

Edited by EmJayZA

Will be going through later, as I don't really feel like cycling in the cold. Will be there around 9. Plan on doing 90 minutes. 

Hopefully by 9 the hordes of runners will be thinner too. 

had forgotten about that race....grrr

maybe 9 is the better option.