IceCreamMan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, who is in?

Thinking of doing the Sprint.

i'll see you at the start.  Will be doing the sprint with a buddy!

I'll be doing the sprint. 

I also won a seat to some VIP dinner with some pros on Friday night. Waiting for the official invite, but it's silly that they didn't include a ticket for my partner... 

Edited by EmJayZA

would be nice to meet before the race.  I am planning on taking leave for the Friday to make the weekend (or rather cost of the weekend) worthwhile. 

I am keen to meet for a coffee / very light drink in Sun City. I am staying at a small guest lodge. I think best will be early Saturday evening? Is the new construction complete by the Valley? If so, think we can do a dinner at Calistos and meet up before for a drink and if anyone else is keen, we can have dinner after. I don't think I will go through for the dinner on the Friday evening, as it's not really fair to drag my partner all the way out there and ask him to sit out... It's rather daft. 

Come now ICM. Do it! It's just a Sprint. 

Edited by EmJayZA

I am keen to meet for a coffee / very light drink in Sun City. I am staying at a small guest lodge. I think best will be early Saturday evening? Is the new construction complete by the Valley? If so, think we can do a dinner at Calistos and meet up before for a drink and if anyone else is keen, we can have dinner after. I don't think I will go through for the dinner on the Friday evening, as it's not really fair to drag my partner all the way out there and ask him to sit out... It's rather daft. 

Come now ICM. Do it! It's just a Sprint. 

:devil:  if I do enter it will drive through early on Sunday morning only. CLose enough to do that. Sun city very cool venue too.

agreed, they should give you 2 tickets to VIP thang. Seems silly not to.

:devil:  if I do enter it will drive through early on Sunday morning only. CLose enough to do that. Sun city very cool venue too.

agreed, they should give you 2 tickets to VIP thang. Seems silly not to.

Beer and lunch after then. I will also like to meet up with CM and his wife (and iirc they are driving up on the Sunday too). Let's see how the week pans out. Need to move quickly though. Last I saw I think they had 50 entries left for the Sprint. 

hi, we will be staying at one of the vacation club units and would probably be braaing and having some light G&T's on Saturday night (it is only a sprint).  But will definitely be lekke to say howzat before, during or after the race. 

Awesome. Thanks. Looks like a great course. 

How is the open water swimming coming along? 

Edited by EmJayZA

Awesome. Thanks. Looks like a great course. 

How is the open water swimming coming along? 

hi, my swimming is really crap, that is why I am doing the sprint again and not the ultra.  I have a wetsuit this year, so less freezing my a$$ of during the swim.  and yours?

hi, my swimming is really crap, that is why I am doing the sprint again and not the ultra.  I have a wetsuit this year, so less freezing my a$$ of during the swim.  and yours?

Not worried about mine. I am slow'ish, and will see how fast I am in race conditions at Sun City. I recall reading somewhere that you didn't have access to a pool or any open water. It should go a bit better with the wetsuit. Before race start, let some water into the suit. That should help keep you warmer. 

Got my program for this next week, and it's making me taper for an entire week for a Sprint. I put down Sun City as my B race for this season. Does not feel right in light of Durban coming up. 

And this week is recovery / test week. Feels like I am losing too much training. 

Edited by EmJayZA